SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#138736 - 01/06/05 06:20 PM Between the Event Tr 8 and the Behringer b2031a -- which should it be?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I'm finally ready to lay down the cash.

I've heard the Event Tr 8s and was overall happy with them, but thought they were a little poor on the low end. On the other hand I've heard good things about the Behringer - but I haven't been able to find a floor model in the whole NYC!!! that I could listen to.

Does anyone have experience with both?

Thanks,
Chony

#138737 - 01/06/05 09:41 PM Re: Between the Event Tr 8 and the Behringer b2031a -- which should it be?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Chony,
I have both at my store in California. The Behringers have tons of bass. You won't be disappointed.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#138738 - 01/07/05 09:49 PM Re: Between the Event Tr 8 and the Behringer b2031a -- which should it be?
JonPro Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Chony,
I have a pair of Behringer 2031 which I have not been able to fault. They are great for "studio" work and I have also used them as fold backs on occasions when needed (as my arranger does not have any internal speakers). At the time I was buying, I looked at the current offerings and found that the Behringers offered the best value for $. However ..... they don't work as primary speakers for a small gig (IMO). They are "near field" only - for your ears only
Jon.

[This message has been edited by JonPro (edited 01-07-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online