SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#171646 - 12/31/04 02:49 PM Tyros File Utility and XP SP2
entweka Offline

Loc: Saguenay, Quebec, Canada
Hi,
Since i've installed Windows XP Service Pack 2, my Tyros File Utility doesn't work anymore. I can see the splash screen and the MIDI Setup bouton appear but 1 or 2 seconds later, the splash screeen disapear and the File Utility program END (no more present in the Windows Process list).

I uninstalled my pgram and also the USB Driver, reinstalled it but didn't worked. I used the latest USB driver version, the 2.10.

is there someone who can help me?

#171647 - 12/31/04 03:30 PM Re: Tyros File Utility and XP SP2
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I was listening to a talk radio show last week featuring a computer show. Someone called up and complained about certain things not working with Service Pak 2 and should he just uninstall SP2 and put SP1 back in. The answer from the tech guy was "NO! Let the software manufacturer know of your problems with SP2 and their software and have them figure out a fix for using it with SP2." The reason he gave was that SP2 is a totally necessary enhancement to Windows for volnurability issues with virus, etc. and you should not take it out of your computer. It is the responsibility of Yamaha or whomever to correct their problems interfacing with SP2.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#171648 - 01/01/05 01:18 AM Re: Tyros File Utility and XP SP2
lacobo Offline

Loc: Hoofddorp, NH, the Nethelands
And what if you use the compability mode? This tricks applications in to thinking that the Windows version is Windows 2000 or 9x. Rightclick the actual .exe file and choose properties, select the tab compability and tick the box "Run this program into compability mode for:" and select Windows 2000 or one of the other choises and see what happens.

Bert.

Quote:
Originally posted by entweka:
Hi,
Since i've installed Windows XP Service Pack 2, my Tyros File Utility doesn't work anymore. I can see the splash screen and the MIDI Setup bouton appear but 1 or 2 seconds later, the splash screeen disapear and the File Utility program END (no more present in the Windows Process list).

I uninstalled my pgram and also the USB Driver, reinstalled it but didn't worked. I used the latest USB driver version, the 2.10.

is there someone who can help me?

#171649 - 01/01/05 02:37 PM Re: Tyros File Utility and XP SP2
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I've been running XP SP2 for months with NO issues whatsoever with any programs including the Tyros HDD File Utility.

You most certainly have another issue with some other software program or configuration.

Everything is working fine for me.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#171650 - 01/03/05 04:27 AM Re: Tyros File Utility and XP SP2
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Overagressive firewall preventing USB networking?

#171651 - 01/03/05 06:44 AM Re: Tyros File Utility and XP SP2
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
I've been running XP SP2 for months with NO issues whatsoever with any programs including the Tyros HDD File Utility.

I echo kbrkr findings. I've not had a single problem running ANY programs (including the Tyros HDD or File Utilty ) with Windows XP running SP2). I'm running USB driver 2.09.

Entweka: I suspect your problem may not be with Service Pack 2, but possibly a flaky Tyros USB Port hardware problem, of which is a KNOWN issue (by Yamaha) and of which they have an official FIX for. I too had experienced a similar problem to yours, but after a Yamaha (under warranty) Tyros USB Port Hardware board replacement & diode installation, the problem has been COMPLETELY corrected. Contact Yamaha Canada and give them Steve Deming's name (Yamaha USA- Head of Customer Support) as he's fully aware of this issue, and took care of the problem for me here in the US.

Scott

#171652 - 01/03/05 07:00 AM Re: Tyros File Utility and XP SP2
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
Just another confirmation. One of the OS I'm running on my two PCs is also Win_XP+SP2 and I found no problems (other than an intermitent USB connection) in using the File Utility. -- José.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online