SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#187818 - 12/09/04 12:11 PM srx expansion boards
seanbaker Offline

are there any more complete demos of these boards other than the ones on the roland website? Are the sounds taken from any of the fantom keyboards or other boards?

Does anyone have these and can tell me if any of the boards include trumpets, trombones, woodwinds, saxes with sampled vibrato similar to the yamaha sweet voices?

#187819 - 12/09/04 02:32 PM Re: srx expansion boards
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I have the srx 07 Sessions board. It's packed with more pianos, organs guitars, strings, winds, horns, synths and drum kits. The sounds are from the SRVX sounds engines like XP80 and XV5050. I think most boards are pre-fantom, but they are typically top-end roland sounds.

#187820 - 12/09/04 03:31 PM Re: srx expansion boards
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
The SRX cards are a mixed bag. SRX-01 through -05 are new sounds. 6 through 9 are combinations of the SRJV expansions. SRX-10 is a devoted brass board, but brass sections, not solo brass.
SRX-03, studio board, is a mix of everything from pianos to organs to guitars to horns to drums. I do not own this board, but i've heard demos and they sound good. By my way of thinking, the Fantom X, which i own, already has a good variety of all around sounds, I want my SRX cards to give me more specific sounds with greater nuance.
That being said, i've heard that the saxes and flutes on the studio board are excellent.
the SRX-09 has some very good trumpets and ethnic flutes with sampled vibrato. I own the world card and find it to be my favorite of all SRX. Some of the trumpets can be used for the schmaltzy Harry James style; most are more of the reall brassy and huge bibrato you hear in Mexican music.\

The Roland UK site has demos different from those on Roland US, and this FTP link might be useful to you.
ftp://ftp.roland.co.jp/pub/roland/japan/demo/

#187821 - 12/09/04 03:40 PM Re: srx expansion boards
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
The SRX-07 is the Vintage Keys board. you must have 03, the studio board. I don't believe 07 has any winds or horns of any kind. Some sounds on the SRX boards have been placed on the Fantoms. Not the other way around. To my knowledge, nothing from Fantom has been placed on an SRX. The sounds on SRX are either unique, or repackaging of the older SRJV expansions.
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
I have the srx 07 Sessions board. It's packed with more pianos, organs guitars, strings, winds, horns, synths and drum kits. The sounds are from the SRVX sounds engines like XP80 and XV5050. I think most boards are pre-fantom, but they are typically top-end roland sounds.

#187822 - 12/09/04 03:46 PM Re: srx expansion boards
The Accordionist Offline

Go to www.fantomized.info. It's a site created by a Roland user that has become kind of an unofficial Users Forum for all things Roland.

Do a search on SRX and you'll find many opinions and demos that users have made of the expansion boards.

Hope this helps.

Tommy

#187823 - 12/13/04 11:38 AM Re: srx expansion boards
seanbaker Offline

is the "vibes!" patch on the ultimate keys actually vibrahpone and is it more natural than the one already onbaord the RD-700?

#187824 - 12/13/04 12:08 PM Re: srx expansion boards
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Oops! I do have the SRX-03 Studio board. The 07 board is the one I really want.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online