SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#147111 - 11/23/04 04:03 PM OT: Mini mixer questiion for arrangers
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Anyone have a suggestion,

I want to send my mic into a main mixer, and able to send that signal also to 2 other arranger inputs. Also I want to be able to shut down either output to the arranger, get it?

THanks

#147112 - 11/23/04 04:52 PM Re: OT: Mini mixer questiion for arrangers
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
No, but I just looked at your home page, do SZ folks get a discount?

Glenn

#147113 - 11/23/04 05:01 PM Re: OT: Mini mixer questiion for arrangers
frankieve Offline

OF course

#147114 - 11/23/04 07:12 PM Re: OT: Mini mixer questiion for arrangers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you want to plug your mic into a mixer, but be able to send that mic signal to two different arranger mic inputs at different times, right?

I take it that the outputs of the arrangers are also going through the same mixer, correct?

And the output of the mixer is going to an amplifier and speakers. "?"

One way to do this is to use a Mackie 1202VLZ mixer. The VLZ models have a cool function that when you mute a channel, the signal is routed to an alternate stereo output. So you could plug in both arrangers into stereo channels and plug your mic into a mono channel. Use the normal (un-muted output to go to your amp/speakers. Take the left alternate output of the mixer and plug it into one of the arranger mic inputs. Take the right alternate output of the mixer and plug that into the other arranger mic input. When no channels are muted, your mic and both arrangers would be sent directly to the amp. When you want the mic to be sent to one of the arrangers, simply mute the mic channel of the mixer and use the pan control of that channel to direct the mic signal to either the left or right alternate output. The mic signal would then be processed by the appropriate arranger and then get back into the mixer and out to the speakers via the arranger’s stereo output.

Here are several links to the Mackie site showing pictures of the specific areas of the mixer for help in visualizing how this could work.

Channel Strip: http://www.mackie.com/home/showimage.html?u=/products/1202vlzpro/images/1202ProChStrp.jpg

Input/Output Section: http://www.mackie.com/home/showimage.html?u=/products/1202vlzpro/images/1202PROTopIO.jpg

Rear Panel: http://www.mackie.com/home/showimage.html?u=/products/1202vlzpro/images/1202PROBack.jpg

There are surely other mixers out there that have a similar function, I am just familiar with the Mackie since I have a 1402 VLZ Pro that I have used for a long time and it has been very good. Clean output and reliable.

Best of luck,

Dave McMahan

#147115 - 11/23/04 09:40 PM Re: OT: Mini mixer questiion for arrangers
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Right Dave.
The Behringer 1202FXPro works the same way as Mackie, and has neat sliders to control the sub outs.
DonM

#147116 - 11/24/04 05:12 AM Re: OT: Mini mixer questiion for arrangers
frankieve Offline

Thanks guys, but I'm looking for the smaller mixer possible, maybe even just a bunch of "Y's" with a way to select between 2 outputs.

Mic input, to a constant output (main mixer) then 2 additional outputs that can switched back and forth

#147117 - 11/24/04 06:49 AM Re: OT: Mini mixer questiion for arrangers
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You can do this easily by using the Alexsis Multimix 6FX, which sells for about $100. It's a full stereo mixer, with effects. You can fire the mic through the mixer, then run it trough the effects loop and output it to another channel. Then using the pan controls, pan it left for one channel, and right for the second channel. Additional outputs can be utilized from the headphone and Control RM outputs.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#147118 - 11/24/04 07:22 AM Re: OT: Mini mixer questiion for arrangers
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Frank,
Rolls makes some very small line mixers that may do what you want.
DonM

#147119 - 11/24/04 07:43 AM Re: OT: Mini mixer questiion for arrangers
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I'm with Gary,I like the Alesis..

#147120 - 11/24/04 09:49 AM Re: OT: Mini mixer questiion for arrangers
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I thought of Rolls too. But Alesis is putting out some interesting stuff lately - worth a look. $100 or less is good.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online