SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#119309 - 10/01/04 08:23 AM Long-time lurker joins in!
juneau Offline

Loc: Red Wing, MN, USA
All right, I'm finally coming out of the closet and joining this forum. I am freely admitting that I have been following this forum (and the PSR Tutorial forum) with great interest for a couple years now. I hadn't joined in before now because I was just too busy with my job and am a bit intimidated by those of you who play (and sing!) for a living.

Well, I have now quit that job and am letting my wife support me and the kids (like squeak_D). I've commuted 100 miles round-trip daily to jobs for over 20 years and finally reached my limit. I live in southeast MN.

A quick background on me and then I'll submit more stuff later. I'm strictly a low-end keyboard player, although I have migrated from a CZ101/Korg DW8000 environment in the '80's (even experimenting with MIDI back then) to a progression of PSRs: 530, 2000, and now Tyros. When I discovered the 530 I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Obviously, I hadn't followed keyboard trends for many years!

I jam with a guitar player friend. Our band is called Jammage. We don't sing, but have invented a bunch of songs and even cut a couple CDs. We play for peanuts locally once in awhile.

Hey, remember the guy in Spain who was selling a Tyros on ebay for really cheap and it was a scam? Well, I fell for it! Luckily, I escaped in one piece. I'll be glad to give you the full story if anyone is interested.

You folks at this forum have been a tremendous addition to my life! I love this stuff and hope to now have more time to devote to this (my wife says I have to do the cleaning and cooking).

More later!

#119310 - 10/01/04 08:29 AM Re: Long-time lurker joins in!
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Welcome aboard - As I'm sure you have realised throughout your two years of lurking, everyone here is most helpful.

KFingers

#119311 - 10/01/04 08:49 AM Re: Long-time lurker joins in!
BillErickson Offline

Loc: Portland, Oregon USA
Quote:
Originally posted by juneau:
Hey, remember the guy in Spain who was selling a Tyros on ebay for really cheap and it was a scam? Well, I fell for it! Luckily, I escaped in one piece. I'll be glad to give you the full story if anyone is interested.

Yeah, I'm sure a bunch of us are interested. If nothing else, the story will be a good reminder to the rest of us to be careful on eBay! So what happened?

#119312 - 10/01/04 09:29 AM Re: Long-time lurker joins in!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Juneau, welcome to the Synthzone. When I first read this thread I assumed you lived way up in Alaska, but I suppose since MN in the Winter can get as chilly as Alaska, it might qualify

Quote:
Originally posted by juneau:
[B]hope to now have more time to devote to this (my wife says I have to do the cleaning and cooking).
B]

Juneau, thanks for finally coming out and joining in the disccusion. Hope this encourages the MANY other arranger keyboard closet members to finally come out as well. I believe no matter what arranger kb interest/skill level we're currently at, we all have a valuable contribution to make here in promoting the advancement of arranger style keyboard technology & playing.

Juneau, hope you're able to find time to check in here regularly between the washing, ironing, and cooking.

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#119313 - 10/01/04 10:50 AM Re: Long-time lurker joins in!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Juneau,

Welcome to the asylum. We're all a little crazy here, but I've always said a little insanity goes a long way!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online