SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#145761 - 09/20/04 01:28 PM Yamaha Tyros
wizboy Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Just got a Tyros over the week-end. I wasn't planning on getting one but I got an awesome deal i couldn't possibly pass on.

I'm very excited about the keyboard.
Very nice sounds although I still like the grand piano on my VA7 a lot more. Styles are a lot of fun although i haven't had time to explore much yet.

I also picked up a behringer mixer (Eurorack UB2442FX-PRO Mixer)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=live/g=live/search/bigpid/base_id/88598/

Now i need to find some times to get some recordings going

Claude

#145762 - 09/20/04 01:49 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by wizboy:
Just got a Tyros over the week-end. I wasn't planning on getting one but I got an awesome deal i couldn't possibly pass on.Claude

Hey Claude. Congratulations on your great Tyros deal and welcome to the Tyros fan club. I'm know, in addition to the terrific sounds, styles, and features the Tyros has, you're going to find this a great compliment to your exisiting keyboard (collection?). Looking forward to hearing your recordings made with your new Tyros. - Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#145763 - 09/20/04 02:01 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
Hi,
Tyros with VA is a great combination, for example VA drums and Tyros hi hat/ cymbals, percussion.
I think, with both, Tyros and VA, you can get better results, than with the Roland's and Yamaha's top keyboards, coming more or less soon.
And on stage, this combination is the only way to perform "Barabara Ann" (Beach Boys) because you need vary phrase and vocalist at this song.

------------------
Regards
RF

#145764 - 09/20/04 11:02 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
My Beach Boys medley ( complete with 5 part backing harminies ) is recorded in MP3 format on my laptop .... I left out the piano part, so I play that and sing the lead. Sound so real ..... and it's all me!

#145765 - 09/20/04 11:18 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Hey Wizboy,

Let us know how that Behringer mixer goes. Everybody tells me I'm crazy to buy Behringer bc its made in Taiwan, with bad parts, blah blah. Is it true? How does it compare with a Mackie? How are the connections?

Let us know!

#145766 - 09/21/04 12:21 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros
Roel Offline

chony,

As far as I know, both the Behringer and the latest Mackie consoles are 'made in China'.

Behringer mixers are almost as good as the Mackies, for a much lower price.
(I own both)
The connections (in-/outputs) are OK. The weakest points are always the cable connectors because of dirt ón the metal parts.

#145767 - 09/21/04 01:13 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
chony,

As far as I know, both the Behringer and the latest Mackie consoles are 'made in China'.

I actually checked the buyer reviews on the link wizboy provided and it seems that all three of the reviewers said that their mixers broke down within 1 month to 1 year.

None of them had problems replacing them - but its time and energy.

What about Yamaha - they've also come into the mixer market. What's their quality like?

#145768 - 09/21/04 04:49 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
In Holland the company Dutch View (former NOB) uses several Yamaha mixers, espescially in their vans. They are professional mixers so they are not in the price range of Behringer and such, but Yamaha does make good mixers.
Cheap mixers, whatever brand, all seem to have the same problems. If they're analogue, faders, knobs and buttons will get dirty and give you problems as do bad connectors. Digital mixers don't have that problem, but money is saved by using low quality AD-DA converters.

------------------
drdalet

#145769 - 09/21/04 06:01 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
I confirm BOTH chony's and Roel's experiences. I have two inexpensive small Behringer mixers and I find them an excellent value and great quality. However I had another Behringer mixer that I bought new and that came with a problem in the internal power supply from the factory. The final control of quality of Behringer products doesn't seem to be the best...

-- José.

#145770 - 09/21/04 07:29 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I sell the Behringer mixers in the USA and also the Yamaha mixers. All of these mixers are made in China. I have sold hundreds of the small UB series mixers from Behringer and I haven't heard of a single problem from my customers. I have had no more problems with all the Behringer products I sell (and there's a ton of them!) then any other product line. You are also correct that the Mackie mixers are now made in China as well. It's all about keeping the cost down and being competitive with the competition.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online