SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#177811 - 09/19/04 07:10 AM 5 0 New Style Conversions...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Joe Waters recently converted 50 styles and posted them at http://psrtutorial.com/Files/KBtechkn7.html --the conversions are fantastic. These are all KN-7000 styles that he painstakingly, individually, converted, tweeked and tuned for Yamaha users. You're gonna' love 'em!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#177812 - 09/19/04 11:55 AM Re: 5 0 New Style Conversions...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
There are actually "63" new Technics KN7000 Styles (total that is). Joe said there were 70 (total) but there's actually only 63. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Btw, I tried a couple out and have to admit they do sound extremely good. At least the ones I tried anyway. Kudos to the person or persons who took the time and effort to give us these fine new Technics KN7000 Styles!

Thanks Gary for alerting other Yamaha Arranger owners to this great find..

I've said it once and I'll say it again; the great thing about owning a Yamaha Arranger is the incredible third party support on the Net for Styles and even Software programs from the likes of Michael Bedesem and others.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 09-19-2004).]

#177813 - 09/19/04 09:12 PM Re: 5 0 New Style Conversions...
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Mike

Those Technics conversions were a joint effort by several of us. A lot of time went into making them. But, most of all, a very talented person took the time to tweak them to get the best sound out of them. Her name is Eileen, from Great Britain. And she has a talent for producing very good styles out of average conversions. Since she does them on the Tyros, thay sound terrific on the Tyros and PSR3000.

Tom G.

#177814 - 09/20/04 05:53 AM Re: 5 0 New Style Conversions...
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Tom,

Please thank all those involved in converting those styles yourself included.

Tom

Tom

#177815 - 09/20/04 10:24 AM Re: 5 0 New Style Conversions...
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Hmm...the bundle called "KN7k_D1.ZIP" gives me a "disk error" when I try and load a style into my Tyros...

The ones below, the country & ballroom styles worked fine...

What's the trick for the others?

Bill in Dayton

#177816 - 09/20/04 05:16 PM Re: 5 0 New Style Conversions...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
Hmm...the bundle called "KN7k_D1.ZIP" gives me a "disk error" when I try and load a style into my Tyros...

The ones below, the country & ballroom styles worked fine...

What's the trick for the others?

Bill in Dayton

I had no problem at all loading the "KN7k_D1" Styles into my Tyros Bill. What you might want to try is downloading a fresh copy from Joe's site, unzip them with Winzip - if you don't have Winzip you can get it free here: Winzip 9.0 , then unzip the KN7000 Styles onto a newly formatted Floppy Disk that you know is good, i.e. Extract to A:\ [the floppy drive]. Then try and load them into the Tyros again.

Best regards,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online