SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#213905 - 09/16/04 10:01 AM OT: M-Audio USB Audio File and softsynths
to the genesys Offline

I know this is off topic but I need help on this.

Is the M-Audio USB Audio File supposed to be able to play softsynth on a lap top? If so do I need a special program to play the softsynths?

Also, when I connect my keyboard to the line in of the M-Audio USB I don’t get any sound.

When I try to record in sound forge, it seems to only record on the left channel. Can I fix this?

Any and all help would be appreciated.
Thanks

#213906 - 09/18/04 09:12 PM Re: OT: M-Audio USB Audio File and softsynths
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
not sure if I'll be any help, but,
what softsynth are you actually using?
what keyboard are you using?
what exactly is it you're trying to do? ie a few more details and maybe someone can help.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:

Is the M-Audio USB Audio File supposed to be able to play softsynth on a lap top? If so do I need a special program to play the softsynths?

Also, when I connect my keyboard to the line in of the M-Audio USB I don’t get any sound.

When I try to record in sound forge, it seems to only record on the left channel. Can I fix this?

Any and all help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#213907 - 09/19/04 07:34 AM Re: OT: M-Audio USB Audio File and softsynths
to the genesys Offline

Hi I am trying to record using sound forge but when I connect my keyboard to the line in of the M-Audio, I don’t get any sound when I play the keyboard I want to monitor the sound before I hit the record button. Only after I record I hear what I have recorded. I can not get any sound before I press the record button.

I am using the gem genesys pro.

#213908 - 09/19/04 06:54 PM Re: OT: M-Audio USB Audio File and softsynths
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
sorry, but I can't help. You've probably got the equipment incorrectly set up ie line in's and line outs etc.

You might be better off changing your topic ie
Help: Is anybody using Sound Forge with an External Sound Card ( M Audiophile) and an Arranger Keyboard ( genesys).

I would imagine the principles may well be the same for whatever brand of external sound card or arranger keyboard you're using. Also may be worth mentioning whether the card and the keyboard have USB.

Sorry couldn't be of more help.

bet wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#213909 - 09/20/04 05:37 AM Re: OT: M-Audio USB Audio File and softsynths
to the genesys Offline

Just to update:
I have been advised that by connecting a keyboard directly in to the M-audio USB audio file, I would not be able to get any sound. Only when I record something I would be able to hear the recorded sound.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online