SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#217112 - 08/24/04 05:08 AM PA1x pro with z-2200
Exound Offline

Loc: Hoorn, Netherlands
Hi everyone, although I'm member for a long time I never post something to this forum.
Because my english is poor,hehe.Sorry for that but my Dutch is better.

I love reading all those interesting posts
here and learned a lot of it.
Thanks to this forum I decided to buy a Korg PA1Xpro 3 months ago and must say I love it.I don't do gigs, I only use it for hobby at home.

It is discussed many times...it is an expensive machine but in my opinion worth it.
The sounds and styles are terrific.
Keys are great and the design wonderfull.
The polyphonic issue is no problem even with
midifiles with many tracks...I never heard a drop out.

But...

In many style banks there are empty places...
The TC Helicon Voice Processor is great but the Voice Modeling is an option and can only listened as a demo and can be bought for 299 euros, isn't the keyboard expensive enough?
The same can be said about the video option,
mp3 possibilities etc.

Nevertheless it is super keyboard and I play everyday and I must confess I'm addicted to it.

Further I bought the Logitech z-2200 and it sounds great but the bass is dominant and can't be adjust much (for home use) but I don't like my neighbours so it isn't a problem for me,lol.

Jan

#217113 - 08/24/04 07:45 AM Re: PA1x pro with z-2200
Roel Offline

Hallo Jan, welkom bij deze fantastische club mensen !

Your English is VERY good, so keep posting and share your experiences with us.
Just curious : Where did you purchase the PA?

Roel
Coevorden

#217114 - 08/24/04 08:07 AM Re: PA1x pro with z-2200
Exound Offline

He Roel bedankt voor je reactie.
Thanks for your reaction.

I bought my PA1xpro at Spanjaard Music Store in Alkmaar , Netherlands.
Very kind people and very helpfull...they let me play all day long although I wasn't planned to buy but this keyboard is great and I couldn't resist.

Jan

#217115 - 08/24/04 10:22 AM Re: PA1x pro with z-2200
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Voice modeling is overrated. The on board harmonizer will do WONDERS for your voice in it's standard state. After all - don;t you want to sound like YOU?

#217116 - 08/24/04 11:14 AM Re: PA1x pro with z-2200
Exound Offline

Your right Uncle Dave.
I use it a lot and have lots of fun with it.
But I'm not a real good singer so I could use some pitch correction and that's also included in VM and that's a pitty.

I never bought this keyboard for its VH but for the real good sounds,styles and build.
I only find it's strange they put a demo on such an expensive keyboard.

Jan

#217117 - 08/26/04 12:59 AM Re: PA1x pro with z-2200
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
get a psr 3kand you'll have more fun,ligher KB so you can go anywhere without hurting your back.Fills ,pads and other real time functions will put pa1x to shame.(though I prefer Pa1x's sounds better).

#217118 - 08/26/04 06:10 AM Re: PA1x pro with z-2200
Exound Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jamman:
get a psr 3kand you'll have more fun,ligher KB so you can go anywhere without hurting your back.

I don't carrie my KB it stays at home...
so weight is no issue for me

Fills ,pads and other real time functions will put pa1x to shame.(though I prefer Pa1x's sounds better).

What do you mean by that? I've never heard the Psr 3k ,but I'm satisfied with the realtime functions of the PA1x, don't know what's wrong with it.

#217119 - 08/26/04 08:30 AM Re: PA1x pro with z-2200
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
There's nothing wrong with it.
The design of the Korg allows for some things to be possible that are not on any other keyboard. There is, however a steeper learning curve and some real time features that require some finesse to master. Many prefer the ease of operation on the Yamaha, but the overall quality of the Korg is as good as it gets.
I'd still have the Korg if a few tiny modifications were made. There's no guarantee that I won't get another one after they upgrade it a few times. I did that with the PA80. Version 3.0 was major upgrade, and made me want one all over again. I suspect the same thing may happen with the PA1x.

The psr3k is a versitile, simple board.
The PA1x is a powerful, deep professional instrument that was not intended for the feignt(sp?) of heart.

In the end ..... only YOU can tell which will suit you best, but you knew that already !

#217120 - 08/27/04 05:41 PM Re: PA1x pro with z-2200
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Quote:
Originally posted by Exound:
What do you mean by that? I've never heard the Psr 3k ,but I'm satisfied with the realtime functions of the PA1x, don't know what's wrong with it.

weight,2 fills only(and are not natural),useless pads(you can play sequenced parts in yam),SMF playback and arranger mode doesnt work toghether(In yam-yes,when playing back a SMF song you change the drums to a build in style so your Rock SMF (all tracks)will play with a pop or even a Tango beat without a problem makes songs more interesting in live according to mood of the audience-) and alot more like millions of free user styles for Yam.

Ex PA 80 users will compare with their current 2100 and 3K.
Of course PA1x sounds better,better HM board,and other options -so it's in different catagory but 1500-2000$ difference can buy you a Triton Extreme/used triton studio(with a little extra) ,and a mid price TC HM board which will again blow PA1x(and you'll be happier in studio for having seperate and better pro sounding/functional studio gear) .

I love korg and been a korg and roland arranger user for more than a decade.
But I never knew that some functions of PSR excist and were never possible with Korg or even roland.And they(PSR)still do look like toys(except for 9000 pro).

PSR is relatively thinner sounding(most sounds) compared to Korg(some diehard fans may disagree) but it's real time functions and versatility made it up for live gigs which made them used by arranger giggers.

If you have 3k,you'll find your self playing and singing more outdoors and friends house/parties without thinking twice about carrying expensive and heavy board.

Peace.Enjoy making music both indoor and outdoor.

[This message has been edited by jamman (edited 08-27-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online