SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#192606 - 03/04/04 10:20 PM way OT (NFL)-Philly gets a new "Freak"
Bill E Offline

Loc: nashville
---so is Uncle Dave happy? The Titans lose Jevon Kearse to the Eagles, whose mgmt. has guts. He is an exciting player with a huge impact---when he's healthy. Buty he has not been 100 percent for awhile now. I hate to see him go, but no way would I spend that kind of jack on him. This gamble could make or break the Eagles for the near future. Whatcha think Dave?

#192607 - 03/05/04 04:31 AM Re: way OT (NFL)-Philly gets a new "Freak"
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hmmmm,
It's hard for me to get into "football" mode when spring is right around teh corner, but my gut tells me that this kid is trouble....expensive trouble. Then again, I remember everyine saying that Charlie Garner was the same injury-prone type of explosive player, and as soon as he left Philly .... he really found his gate.
Philadelphia has been the NFL's best training camp for years. It's sa shame, really.

This year, I think it will be tough to even make the playoffs unless everything comes together. No more Buckhalter... Joe Gibbs and Bill Parcels, both coaching in our division .... it's gonna be quite a challange next year.

Now, bring on the Phillies !!!!!!!!

#192608 - 03/05/04 11:41 AM Re: way OT (NFL)-Philly gets a new "Freak"
Bill E Offline

Loc: nashville
Yeah Dave, I'm much more in a baseball frame of mind right now. My 15yr. old son had not one, not two, but three games yesterday. I love baseball but that was a bit much. Anyway, the Kearse deal is all the talk around Nashville these days and you are the only Eagles fan that I "know", so I wondered how it was playing in Philly. He is at least a real nice guy and is not likely to wind up in jail, and that's saying a lot these days in the crazy world of pro sports. Hope the Phillies have a great season. Play Ball!

#192609 - 03/05/04 01:40 PM Re: way OT (NFL)-Philly gets a new "Freak"
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Bill,
Right now all the hoopla is about the Johnson deal. What a mess!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online