SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#197033 - 02/17/04 09:50 PM I've Lost My Mind
DrBill Offline

Loc: Chattanooga, TN USA
I've lost my mind...but it sounds so good. Bought the Dawn system last summer...awful, even for a "playroom jockey" player...afterwork entertainment. I haven't played out in years. But, then i ordered a Barbetta (only on in stock was a 41C)..sounded good. But then I drove to GC in Atlanta (i'm from Chattanooga)with the Dawn system and assorted other dust collectors, and for the pennies i got in trade took home the Bose PAS. Wow!!!! Incredible. The Barbetta goes back.

Just incredible...Must admit that the motivation was the possibility of being "the break band" at a club this friday. If that doesn't happen I'll have to rent a hall just so I can turn these suckers up.

One question..Iuse a Digitech Vocalist VR (finally gave up on the Tyros built-in harmonizer). Sounds great. Any tips on avoiding KB sounds getting picked up by the Mic and muddled with harmony aside from switching the digitech to bypass?? The Mic i just got (I am losing it) is a Crown headset (wired) 311a I think...that is supposed to be noise canceling.

Anyway...if I do get to play in front of people I will post how it went. I have learned a lot from this forum....Perhaps i'll give a try for Member status.

#197034 - 02/18/04 04:06 AM Re: I've Lost My Mind
Dnj Offline

Theres a big difference in sound between a model 32c & a 41c....due to the 32c having a 15" woofer and 4x10"horn vs two 10" speakers & 5" bullet horn on the 41c....
I'm still not convinced that the Bose PAS can come close to the Barbettas 32c's on stage to project out to a 200-300-400 person audiences like I play for very frequently.
Good luck with your new Bose system.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-18-2004).]

#197035 - 02/18/04 06:57 AM Re: I've Lost My Mind
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Donny, Donny, Donny ......
I know the $$$ is not even, but this PAS will fill any room you play with at least the same ( if not better ) intelligability and clarity.
BTW - the 41 puts out more bass than the 32 does. You've got 20" of woofer working for you !

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online