SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#188922 - 02/08/04 10:28 PM One Pass....
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I did this piece in one take (One Pass ) - on the Tyros using the Tyros' Sequencer. There is no Style backing just me playing some String voices. All done in realtime (no step recording). I'm layering different Strings on R1, R2, and R3. Running time is 1:40 and the file size is 3.06 megs @ 256kbps encoding.

Here is the: Tyros Strings

Best regards,
Mike

#188923 - 02/09/04 03:14 AM Re: One Pass....
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
I liked it Mike, Thank you for sharing.

------------------
The old Newb

#188924 - 02/09/04 10:13 PM Re: One Pass....
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Thanks OldNewB for having a listen. I do hope your SZ experience will continue to grow and flourish and your wisdom and expertise on Keyboards and Arranger Keyboards in particular will increase by leaps and bounds as I know mine have.

Here is another short piece for anyone interested using the Tyros' Strings but this time with Style accompaniment. The first link is a standard .mp3 file encoded @ 320kbps rate.

The second link is the same Cut (song) but it is in mp3Pro format which greatly reduces the size of the file. The standard .mp3 @ 320kbps is 3,548KB whilst the mp3Pro version's file size is only 713KB yet it retains much of the quality of the standard file.

The third link is to the Thomson Multimedia MP3Pro Player which is needed to play mp3Pro encoded files. MusicMatch JukeBox (version 7.2 and higher) will also play .mp3Pro encoded files.

As to the Song; I recorded it in realtime using the Tyros' internal USPop Style for accompaniment. True, the song is just a short piece but it demonstrates, to me anyway, the Tyros' IMO great sounding String Voices with this time Style accompaniment as apposed to the other piece I recently posted that was played and recorded without any Style accompaniment.

I used the same String Voices on this cut as I did on the other cut with the same String[s] volume levels on both.

Here are the files and link to the mp3Pro Player:

Strings with Style on Tyros

MP3Pro Version of Same Cut

MP3Pro Player

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 02-09-2004).]

#188925 - 02/10/04 04:45 AM Re: One Pass....
RichUK Offline

Loc: England
Thanks for sharing Mike! Great to hear those Tyros sounds.

Also, for anyone who wants mp3PRO playback through Winamp, you can download the plugin from:
http://www.mp3prozone.com/download_winamp.htm

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online