SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#167817 - 01/06/04 02:53 PM ozone
seanbaker Offline

I noticed Ozone is both a midi controller and an audio interface. Are there any other combination audio/midi controller/interfaces out there that have up to 61 keys?

#167818 - 01/06/04 07:45 PM Re: ozone
Dnj Offline

#167819 - 01/07/04 08:01 AM Re: ozone
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Right now that's it. Buy a Tascam US122 ($200 or less) interface and then you can use any midi controller you wish.

#167820 - 01/07/04 09:03 AM Re: ozone
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Right now that's it. Buy a Tascam US122 ($200 or less) interface and then you can use any midi controller you wish.

I agree (and I own a US-122 that I'm very pleased with). Edirol's PCR-A30 is a little bigger and has the audio interface but noone makes one with 61 keys yet. However NAMM is coming in a couple of weeks so we may see a whole new variety of controllers with built-in audio interfaces soon.

#167821 - 01/07/04 10:31 AM Re: ozone
seanbaker Offline

It sounds like having a seperate audio interface is the way to go since it would have more input option. I have a few questions about this one or other ones. What does the Midi in/out do? Is that where I'd plug my controller into? That would be nice--only using up one USB port in my computer. I have been looking at the Evolution MK-461C as a controller for all the assignable controls. Anyone have one of these?
Also, some Audio interfaces mention having built-in DSP effects. I actually posted this same question on another forum. Is it possible to monitor what I'm recording with a DSP, but not record the DSP? I want to record vocals. My singers track better when they can sing with a little verb on their voice. However, I don't want the verb to be tracked. Is it possible to run the DSP through their monitor (headphone jack), but not through the USB into the recording? Is this a common thing? I'm a little new to home recording beyond what I've done in the past which is simply plug my mic into the hard drive. Any suggestions would be great. I was hoping that one of the audio interfaces with DSP effects would do this already without having to route a seperate headphone mix translating to needing even more equipment.

[This message has been edited by seanbaker (edited 01-07-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online