SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#93874 - 12/13/03 10:33 AM If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
My wife and I went to Wal-Mart last night and bought a new 27" television. It was an early Christmas gift to ourselves Well turned out that the first one we brought home was defective, and I had to take it back for an exchange. The cashier made a HUGE mistake, and I didn't catch this until I went home. She gave me the reciepts and I just put them in my pocket--thinking nothing of it because they were really busy due to the holiday season and I wanted out of there When I got home I realized that the woman not only gave me the $200 TV I bought, but she also gave me a gift card for the full amount of the TV.. She mistakenly gave me the exchange AND refunded all my money too! I of course didn't feel right about this, and could have easily said FREE TV, and spent the money she gave back. However, this morning I went right back to Wal-Mart and gave the card back to a few managers... After I explained what happened, they were so shocked to see that I brought their money back to them.. One said that this close to Christmas most people would have just kept the money and the TV, and commended me on returning it to them. The way I see it is that it wasn't my money to begin with, and I had not right to keep it. My $200 is the 27" TV in my living room The $200 card was there's and not mine, and the right thing to do was give it back... Just wanted to share

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#93875 - 12/13/03 10:43 AM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Squeak, Glad you did the 'right' thing.

Happy holidays to you and your family,

Scott

#93876 - 12/13/03 10:48 AM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You did good! My wife would have made me take it back too.
DonM

#93877 - 12/13/03 11:08 AM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Not only did you do the right thing, you may have also saved someone's job. Merry Christmas.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#93878 - 12/13/03 12:06 PM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
trtjazz Offline

I've given excess change as well as gone back when they have not charged me for something on more than 1 occasion. Squeak, you get 2 thumbs up for doing the right thing....in the end you have to face the man in the mirror each morning and is what counts for doing the right thing.
Happy Holidays to you and yours.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#93879 - 12/13/03 01:10 PM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
Richard Peck Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ USA
Hi Squeak,

The measure of a man is not what he does when someones looking, but what he does when they're not looking.

Good for you!

rp

#93880 - 12/13/03 01:36 PM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Squeak,

Thank you so much for sharing that story with us. I really needed to hear that after spending the day at the mall shopping. I was cut-off and yelled at by a lady who backed up traffic at a stop sign (about 15-20 cars) while she and her daughter put on make-up. I make the fatal mistake of honking my horn after about 45 seconds. She then proceded to put the car in park and flip me and my family the bird for about 5 minutes.

Thanks for restoring my faith in people and the notion that fundementally people ARE good!

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#93881 - 12/13/03 02:32 PM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Right is right and you did the right thing. My wife and I have sometimes come upon similar circumstances and done the same thing. Yes, in spite of all we read and see in the media there still is plenty of good in the world.

Peace on earth to men of good will. You shall find Him...

#93882 - 12/13/03 02:41 PM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Hi Squeak, If there were more like you, we would all live better.

Great Holiday, John C.

#93883 - 12/13/03 03:35 PM Re: If WALMART gave you $200 by mistake would you give it back?
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Squeak,

Aren't you in the legal profession. Lawyering or something like that. I think you'd better find another job. Honest lawyers have to struggle as hard as bricklayers and musicians to get by. There must be something eaiser you can do. As always, ha! ha!
Boo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online