SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#200511 - 11/16/03 04:44 AM Problems with Tyros
Micco Offline

Loc: Finland
I am still having problems with my Tyros and I havenīt found any solution to fix them. I have problems with the USB connection.

First of all I have problems with the Voice Editor. I can not change the sound from the program that I want to edit. Whatever sound I choose, there is always the grand piano voice coming out.

Then I have problems with the File Utility. The Tyros doesnīt appear on the list. The MIDI settings should be right. I have in and out selected. I also need the File Utility, because that is the only way I can backup the internal memory of the Tyros. I know that there is a faster USB mode, but that is only for HD. The File Utility should work.

I have Windows XP Home Edition and I also have the latest Yamaha drivers, but still things donīt work.

I would be very thankfull of all your help!
Micco

#200512 - 11/16/03 08:07 AM Re: Problems with Tyros
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Micco: Really sorry to hear about your continuing Tyros/PC USB connection problem. I'm able to run the Yamaha Voice Editor & File Utility with Windows XP Home with my Tyros fine. If you have the latest Yamaha USB midi software drivers correctly installed, I suspect your problem might be hardware related: possibly a faulty USB cable or faulty USB connection inside the Tyros or in the PC itself. I think you definitely need to contact Yamaha Technical support about this. Good luck and keep us posted. - Scott

#200513 - 11/17/03 01:49 AM Re: Problems with Tyros
Micco Offline

It is hard to say what is wrong, because there is somekind of communication between the keyboard and my laptop. So I still think that is is a software issue.

But you are right, I have to contact Yamaha about this and talk to them.

#200514 - 11/17/03 02:44 AM Re: Problems with Tyros
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I'm with Scott. This looks very USB driver or hardware related.

Could you check the USB port using (say) a digital camera? They usually appear as a new "Removable Drive". If that works then de-install and re-install the Yamaha USB drivers.

#200515 - 11/17/03 02:57 AM Re: Problems with Tyros
trtjazz Offline

Micco,
Can you bring up the Tyros h/d using the HDD mode on the Tyros? You know, hold down the music finder (blue button) while powering up the Tyros.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 11-17-2003).]

#200516 - 11/17/03 04:25 AM Re: Problems with Tyros
Micco Offline

The HDD mode works very well. I havenīt had any problems with that, never. I de-installed and re-installed the driver. Now the Voice Utility works very well, but not the File Utility. I did the test in the File Utility and it said that everything is fine, bus still the Tyros doesnīt appear on the list.

#200517 - 11/17/03 08:10 AM Re: Problems with Tyros
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
Hi, I'm new here; just registered.

I have a Korg Pa80 and am ver seriously considering getting a Tyros.

Anyway the reason I'm writing is I've had this problem finding USB and Firewire external hard drives using WinXP too, ie, the machine says the drive is there and working but I couldn't find it. The solution turned out to be that in XP MS moved the acces for finding and initializing HD drives. The solution, for me, was to go to "Start" then to "Settings" then to "Control Panel" then to "Administrative Tools" then to "Computer Management" and then to "Disk Management". There you should find Hard Drive in the Tyros where you can "initialize" or format it. I think "initialize" is actually a Mac term. Anyway, give that a try and, hopefully, it will solve your problem.

BTW, MS "expert help" support people didn't know that and after going through two of them I gave up until I found that in the instruction manual for a USB/Firewire adapter case I got to put one of my extra HDs in (it's a FireExpress case that I got at Fry's Electronics and it has worked flawlessly using both USB 2.0 and Firewire).

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

#200518 - 11/17/03 09:07 PM Re: Problems with Tyros
Shakil Offline

"I have a Korg Pa80 and am ver seriously considering getting a Tyros.

"

I think that will be a serious mistake.

#200519 - 11/18/03 05:57 AM Re: Problems with Tyros
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
Why, Shakil? I think I would have the best of both worlds then. I didn't say I was going to get rid of the Pa80; I'm thinking about having both. My biggest problem with the Pa80 is a strong short-coming in the good solo voice department and I personally really like the Yamaha acoustic solo voices. There are also some styles I like better in the Tyros that aren't in the Pa80. Since I don't gig out live with either one (my paying gig is as a church organist and the church provides the Rodgers organ)and will strictly be using both in my bedroom studio, I feel they would compliment each other well.

Tom

PS I'm also thinking about doing what Bluezplayer did and get a Motif ES 6 to compliment the Pa80, but then I won't have access to the styles that I like so much in the Tyros.

[This message has been edited by Tomcat (edited 11-18-2003).]

#200520 - 11/18/03 09:10 PM Re: Problems with Tyros
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Tomcat

I think you'd be making a smart move that will make you happy.

I also have a Korg pa80 and a Tyros.

Tom G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online