SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#172431 - 10/26/03 08:47 AM 9kpro or Motif users: plug-in board for bass sounds....
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
I'm curious if anyone has experience w/ the PLG boards for yamaha: looking for decent different bass sounds (acoustic/electric/kybrd bass) and wondering which board might deliver the best? the AN board I imagine will do fine for synth stuff, but I'd also like a few more acoustic basses than what's onboard the 9kpro and in XG. anyone use the "virtual acoustic" board for basses?

thanks in advance for any/all insights!

#172432 - 10/26/03 09:54 AM Re: 9kpro or Motif users: plug-in board for bass sounds....
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I have the VL 150 on my Motif ES Tom. It does have a few very good bass voices on it, but I don't think that they are necessarily better than ( and it some cases maybe not as good as )the presets that came with the ES. They are somewhat different though. One acoustic bass voice is actually very good though and it is very different than the ones on the ES. The AN150 does rock on synth bass sounds though.

The VL150 itself does it's best modeling on brass and reed sounds. There are several other types including strings, violins, guitars ( monophonic ) and some modeled synths, but I don't like some of them all that much

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 10-26-2003).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online