SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#188660 - 09/29/03 06:53 AM syncing computer to keyboard
Catsailor Offline

Has anyone tried to sync a computer to a keyboard? I have a KN6500 that I am trying to sync to my computer. When I key both items together, the computer runs 1 beat behind the keyboard. Has anyone had this problem, and if so, how did you correct it?

Thanks for any help.
Peter

#188661 - 10/01/03 09:51 PM Re: syncing computer to keyboard
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Peter,
doubt I can help, but what software are you trying to sync with.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#188662 - 10/02/03 01:46 AM Re: syncing computer to keyboard
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Peter,
in the sequencer you are running there has to be an option to set the clock to internal (master) or to external (slave); then, of course you should set the same parameters the opposite way in your keyboard.

#188663 - 10/02/03 04:45 AM Re: syncing computer to keyboard
Roel Offline

Peter,

In what configuration did you try to sync ?
Did you use the MIDI-CLOCK sync option ?
(Or MTC midi timecode ?)

Which one was set to be 'master' ?

If you want the PC to be master you should use the 'send MIDI-clock' option to the MIDI-port. The 6500 has to follow the MIDI-clock by setting the SYNC-parameter to 'extern' (MIDI-clock)

Andrea (Dreamer) wrote about 'clock' ....
I'm sure he meant MIDI-CLOCK ! Please don't touch the 'audio-clock' parameter in your PC sequencer program !

I never had any problems with midi-clock timing because it is absolute. MIDI-delays (option setting in most sequencers) won't help in this case I think.

Roel

#188664 - 10/02/03 07:55 AM Re: syncing computer to keyboard
Catsailor Offline

Thanks for the information. I'm trying to sync my Midinotate program on my computer to the keyboard. I have my sheet music in Midinotate and like to use it because it will automatically turn the page for me and keep track of where I am. I haven't found any means of triggering the midinotate program from the keyboard directly through a USB connection, so I rigged up a system that allows me to trigger the midinotate program through the mouse connection on the computer when I start the keyboard accompaniment. It's a strange setup, but I'm so close to getting the timing right. Any other suggestions on how to rig up this system will be greatly appreciated. I wasn't sure this could even be done, but decided to try anyways. Thanks again for the help.

Peter

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online