SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#92245 - 08/31/03 08:27 PM Is there any Module with Yamaha Sweet voices?
Tel Offline

Loc: Governador Valadares-MG-Brazil
I was wondering if there is a sound module with those nice sweet voices of Yamaha PSR-Arrangers?
Can anyone comment on that?
Tel.

------------------

#92246 - 09/01/03 04:20 AM Re: Is there any Module with Yamaha Sweet voices?
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
It would be news to me!

#92247 - 09/01/03 05:29 AM Re: Is there any Module with Yamaha Sweet voices?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Although there are no arrangers in a rack mount unit, many manufacturers have put their core sound/synth engines in an external unit. For example, the Triton Studio and the Yamaha Motif come in a rack mount version which can be played by an arranger or other midi-enabled keyboard.

The Motif Rack version does have SOME Sweet voices like a Flamingo Guitar, Sweet Flute, and some others.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#92248 - 09/01/03 08:45 AM Re: Is there any Module with Yamaha Sweet voices?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Add to that that some of the "non" sweet / cool voices sound better on the Motif than their sweet / cool counterparts on my 2000 ( at least for my subjective tastes ) . Also, I think the rack has 128 note poly ?. Hmmm.., gets me thinking.. maybe I bypass the ES and wait for a rack version to come out...

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 09-01-2003).]

#92249 - 09/03/03 12:53 AM Re: Is there any Module with Yamaha Sweet voices?
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I forgot about the synth racks - I was just thinking I'd never seen a "rack" Yamaha arranger.

#92250 - 09/03/03 08:36 AM Re: Is there any Module with Yamaha Sweet voices?
danb Offline

I too was also looking for a rack version of Yamaha arranger keyboard. I was hoping and still looking for someone who has a high end PSR with broken housing and keys that they may want to sell it instead of getting it fixed. Then that way I can put the engine in the box. Presto! an arranger keyboard module in a box.

#92251 - 09/03/03 03:06 PM Re: Is there any Module with Yamaha Sweet voices?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
just wondering how you would end up utilizing the arranger functions? or are you mainly after the sounds.

I used to like the Roland RA series (arranger modules) & korg had one too, called the i5m. Instead of having to have arranger keyboards stacked, I only had the one keyboard ( kn) plus I had an i5m and an RA95 sitting above my technics.

Can't work out why they stopped making them.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by danb:
I too was also looking for a rack version of Yamaha arranger keyboard. I was hoping and still looking for someone who has a high end PSR with broken housing and keys that they may want to sell it instead of getting it fixed. Then that way I can put the engine in the box. Presto! an arranger keyboard module in a box.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#92252 - 09/03/03 04:12 PM Re: Is there any Module with Yamaha Sweet voices?
danb Offline

I'll use both functions but I'll use my midi keyboard controller. I'll check how compact it can be. I can probably separate the sound in a separate module and then rearrange the buttons and slider in a separate platform and connect it to a module. It depends on how many boards inside of it. Mostly, there are only few. The biggest part of the synth is the keybed.

#92253 - 09/03/03 04:21 PM Re: Is there any Module with Yamaha Sweet voices?
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
You need a 2000 or better to put an arranger in a box because you can select the styles and parts of styles with sysex. The 740 and below can't do this unfortunately but at least you can get to the rest of the synth.

Bryan

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online