SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#141039 - 08/20/03 09:06 AM Problem with Yamaha File
Micco Offline

Loc: Finland
I just downloaded and installed the USB driver and the TYROS tools to my new computer and now I have a problem with the File Utility. The problem is that the I canīt get the TYROS to the device list. The MIDI settings are OK. I did the test and everything is fine. What could be wrong with the File Utility?

Micco

#141040 - 08/20/03 10:08 AM Re: Problem with Yamaha File
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Micco: I assume you're running Windows XP on your new Windows PC, right? Also, which version of the Yamaha USB midi Driver did you download & install? I recommend and use version 2.09:
http://www.yamahasynth.com/down/ux256/s_driver.htm

- Scott

#141041 - 08/20/03 10:36 AM Re: Problem with Yamaha File
Micco Offline

I am running Windows XP Home Edition. I have installed just the version you mention and I even downloaded it from Yamahasynth. The same thing I did with Yamaha File Utility.

#141042 - 08/20/03 03:36 PM Re: Problem with Yamaha File
Anonymous
Unregistered

Micco and Scott,

I had troubles establishing the USB connection with my laptop, too. They more or less disappeared when I installed the latest version of the driver, the one Scott is suggesting. I say "more or less" because the connection is not stable. Sometimes it cannot recognize USB In and I'm suddenly stuck with no connection in the middle of a file transfer. Not pleasant...

Micco, did you check the midi setup? You must set Yamaha USB In and Yamaha USB Out. Then, on File Utility Setup, perform a test to the File Utility ID and Device. That will tell if the connection is established and in case it is, you should see the Tyros internal storage space.

I'm having a serious problem in USB-storage mode (Power ON + Music Finder), the mode that allows high speed connections and that allows you to "see" Tyros HD as another drive in the computer. When I turn my Tyros on, a weird thing happens: apart from the fact that I don't get access to the Tyros HD, when I check the driver list I can no longer find the USB Yamaha driver. Instead of it, I "see", under "Other Devices", an unrecognized device with the name "Tyros", with a question mark over it.

Does anyone know what's going on, and how to solve this problem? I'm using Windows XP - Professional Edition.

-- José.

[This message has been edited by matias (edited 08-20-2003).]

#141043 - 08/21/03 03:48 AM Re: Problem with Yamaha File
Micco Offline

I checked the MIDI setup from the beginning. I have Yamaha USB In and Out. I also did the test and there was nothing wrong. Still the TYROS doesnīt appear in the device list.

#141044 - 08/22/03 03:37 AM Re: Problem with Yamaha File
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very strange. When I had problems with the connection, they were revealed, when I performed the test. One thing I noticed, is that sometimes the recognition of the Tyros HD in the File Utility Software is very slow, so wait a while after starting the program.

Meanwhile I tried the USB-storage mode in my desktop PC and it worked immediately. You don't need any drivers for this and the connection is much much faster. You need OS version 1.20 to be able to use this mode. No idea why this operation doesn't work with laptop...

-- José.

#141045 - 08/22/03 07:17 AM Re: Problem with Yamaha File
Micco Offline

Yesterday I tried the USB-storage mode with my laptop and it worked very well. I transfered something like 200 Mb of data to the TYROS hard disk nonstop and I didnīt have any problems.

This is much faster than the File Utility, but I want the File Utility to work also, because I would like to use it for backup registerations and custom voices from the TYROS.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online