SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#182088 - 07/15/03 09:41 PM New Products from NAMM
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I'm not going to NAMM but a few more products have been talked about by my Reps today.
Roland will be showing the Discover 5 module and My Rep from Korg will be coming by my store on Wednesday with a brochure of the new arranger keyboard. I'll post all the specs when I see it tomorrow.
There has been some phone calls coming into me the past week or so if Yamaha will be coming out with a Tyros Pro 76 key version. I spoke with friends at Yamaha today and they will NOT be showing a 76 key Tyros.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#182089 - 07/15/03 10:12 PM Re: New Products from NAMM
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Thanks George for the update. I can't wait for your Spec List on the Korg Pa1-X/Pro. I will be waiting in great anticipation. PS: Do you realize George that you will be making a first? As far as I know the "True" specs on the Pa1-X/Pro have never been posted on the Net yet. Congratulations on being the first authentic News bearer of the Pa1-X/Pro's true Spec Sheet. Interesting to say the least. Mind blowing if all the rumors are true or if the Pa1-X/Pro even exceeds them.

PS: Yamaha may change their mind about producing a 76 Key Tyros II when they hear the incredible sounds and see the overwhelming reception and acceptance of the new Korg Pa1-XPro by the buying public. If that doesn't happen then a 76 Key Tyros II would definitely be on Yamaha's back burner but if it DOES happen I think Yamaha will seriously consider producing a 76 Key Tyros II. Maybe by Winter NAMM 2005??? Maybe sooner??

Best regards,
Mike

#182090 - 07/15/03 10:26 PM Re: New Products from NAMM
Islander Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas, U.SA.
Thanks George as always for all the updates you have given us the past years. Thanks again!!

Johnny

#182091 - 07/16/03 01:45 AM Re: New Products from NAMM
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
George,
you know I'm your no 1 fan!
Roy-Andrč

#182092 - 07/16/03 06:40 AM Re: New Products from NAMM
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Here's some links where you can get the latest press releases from NAMM:
http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM03/
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/

#182093 - 07/16/03 10:11 AM Re: New Products from NAMM
Arbaz Offline

My guess is that the PA1-X brochure will contain the same info as already available rather then absolute specification of course the info will be presented in color with great pictures of the keyboard as I think PA1-X operating system is still under production and will not be finalized till October-December well I truly hope that I am wrong and they do have complete specification by now but as I remember correctly I had to wait forever for the PA-80 to actually hit the shelf and it was not even complete by then it was missing some essential features which were added later on.

#182094 - 07/16/03 03:04 PM Re: New Products from NAMM
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Arbaz:
I had to wait forever for the PA-80 to actually hit the shelf and it was not even complete by then it was missing some essential features which were added later on.

Yup ! memories, memories........
Didn't I buy that pa80 from you?

#182095 - 07/16/03 03:26 PM Re: New Products from NAMM
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Please see my post titled Kor Pa1X information.
The price of the Discover 5 module will be $1695.00 Retail. I hope this is not too much! I think there could be a real market for this product with many guitar players that don't play keyboard but need great sounding midi file playback with a great vocal harmonizer and effects. I was hoping for under $1000.00 but I was wrong!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online