SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#219543 - 07/10/03 07:20 AM Florida Synthzone Members
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
My wife and I are going to be in Florida July 20 through July 27. We will be 3 days in Orlando, 2 days in Key West and 2 days at Daytona Beach. Any members in those areas?

Tom

Tom

#219544 - 07/10/03 07:39 AM Re: Florida Synthzone Members
Dnj Offline

Tom, you get around don't ya? have fun....

#219545 - 07/10/03 07:54 AM Re: Florida Synthzone Members
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Tom...
That is quite a trip. Is that the order you are doing it in...Orlando>Key West>Daytona?
If you are driving, it will take the best part of a day to get from Orlando to Key West. And almost as much to get back to Daytona.

Orlando and Daytona are less than an hour apart, but you may not have the option to change the order.

You will most likely be taking the Turnpike to and from the Keys and will be within several miles of me at one point. If you have the time and I am not tied up when you are passing through, I would love to meet you. But, in all honesty, it does not look like that would be very convenient for you.

In any event, have a good safe trip and bring plenty of sunscreen.

Eddie

#219546 - 07/10/03 09:54 AM Re: Florida Synthzone Members
TERRYC Offline

Loc: St, Petersburg. Florida. u.s.a
I live in st,petersburg, about an hour and a half west of Orlando. Terry

#219547 - 07/10/03 10:21 AM Re: Florida Synthzone Members
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Donny,

Yes, I try to get around as much as I can (while I can) for someone my age. I still need to go see Dreamer, Notlos, Freddy and Scott and George and .............

Eddie, Yes that is the plan, Orlando, Key West, then back to Daytona. I figured 6 to 7 hours from Orlando to Key West. Is that about correct? We will be going to Key West on Wednesday. Maybe an early lunch?

Terry, it looks like the Tampa/St. Pete area will have to be some other time.

Any must sees while we are in the Sunshine state?

Tom

Tom

#219548 - 07/10/03 10:27 AM Re: Florida Synthzone Members
TERRYC Offline

Loc: St, Petersburg. Florida. u.s.a
You will be about thirty minutes from nasa when you are in Orlando.I found it very interesting.You can do a short or a long tour at a reasonable price.Anyway enjoy.Terry

#219549 - 07/10/03 11:12 AM Re: Florida Synthzone Members
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
I still need to go see Dreamer, Notlos, Freddy and Scott and George and .............
Tom

Wow! Tom, are you really planning to come to Europe? Let me know and maybe I could drive to Holland and Belgium, to meet you there together with Dirk, Freddie and maybe Roel, John Smies and Sander...
Andrea

#219550 - 07/11/03 08:52 AM Re: Florida Synthzone Members
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Tom...
If the timing works for you, lunch Wed 7/23 would be great. If you would like to firm up plans and get some directions that will not take you out of your way, email me.
Eddie

#219551 - 07/11/03 10:54 AM Re: Florida Synthzone Members
Dnj Offline

take pictures!!!!!

#219552 - 07/11/03 04:56 PM Re: Florida Synthzone Members
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tom,

Having covered the length and width of Florida by car, I can tell you that you're gonna spend a lot time behind the wheel what that schedule, especially if you hit the Miami area during morning or evening rush hour.

When you get to Key West, which is my favorite place in the world to visit and fish, spend a little time at Mallory Square, see the sunset from the pier, take a trip to the reef on the Glass Bottom Boat, Visit Mel Fisher's Museum and tilt a couple brewskis for me at Margarettaville. Oh, don't forget to stop in a Captain Tony's Bar--he was a great mayor!

Have a great trip,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online