SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#174839 - 07/09/03 03:27 PM Korg Pa X pro.....61 keys....
Dnj Offline

Saw this on another forum....

{"Since everyone knows by now that PA-X is no hoax and it is for real anyway I just want to tell you guys that I had a conversation via email with the Korg Product Manager from Germany and he told me that there is going to be a 61 key model later this year with built-in speakers, this PA-X seems to be the answer to my prayers an i30 on steroids, better sounds, a great built in harmonizer, faster and color touch screen, sliders....just wow.."}

#174840 - 07/09/03 04:33 PM Re: Korg Pa X pro.....61 keys....
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Saw this on another forum....

{"Since everyone knows by now that PA-X is no hoax and it is for real anyway I just want to tell you guys that I had a conversation via email with the Korg Product Manager from Germany and he told me that there is going to be a 61 key model later this year with built-in speakers, this PA-X seems to be the answer to my prayers an i30 on steroids, better sounds, a great built in harmonizer, faster and color touch screen, sliders....just wow.."}

Touch screen ?
What if someone throws a tomato and it hits the screen ?

I am certain that the screen will respond just like the new Triton screen ( quick) . I still like dedicated buttons for live application ( for my taste).

#174841 - 07/09/03 05:10 PM Re: Korg Pa X pro.....61 keys....
Dnj Offline

Buttons/Sliders are my favorite also Dan...

Carry On

#174842 - 07/09/03 10:05 PM Re: Korg Pa X pro.....61 keys....
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
It WILL have buttons AND Sliders (bringing them back from the i30 series) and it WILL ALSO have the Touch Screen. Talk about choices!!

Best regards,
Mike

#174843 - 07/09/03 10:39 PM Re: Korg Pa X pro.....61 keys....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I hate those touch screens .... but this is starting to sound interresting....IF it really happens. I don't count chickens. Ever.

#174844 - 07/09/03 11:30 PM Re: Korg Pa X pro.....61 keys....
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Sorry, but Korg's gonna have to improve their arranger auto accomp 'chord recognition table' to recognize jazz style chord voicings, the way Yamaha, Technics, & Ketron already have, before I (or other jazz influenced players) could even consider a Korg arranger.

If Korg expects to broaden their arranger kb appeal to pro keyboard players (especially those with a jazz background), they'll need to implement rootless jazz style chord recognition, as this makes the difference between sounding average vs outstanding (expected pro level). This is particularly essential for cocktail & jazz standards keyboard playing. I only hope Korg has been listening. Anyone home?

Scott

#174845 - 07/10/03 12:15 AM Re: Korg Pa X pro.....61 keys....
Uncle Dave Offline

I think Korg has always had a "rock" edge in their styles and general sound, but I've found a happy "jazz" medium too.
The rootless deal isn't an issue for me because I never use a left hand sound if I trigger the arranger. I only play manual bass or trigger (silent)chords, so the inversion won't be recognized at all, unless I have the "walking root" on. (bass to lowest)
I play real full, busy chords with the right hand, so anything from the left would just get in the way. I more or less, MAKE the arrangement from the right hand - regardless of the arranger status. when the auto stuff is on ... it's just adding fluff to my arrangement. I'm so used to making the full sound with the right hand - I'd never get the hang of spliting my brain in two at this stage of the game ! For me.... LEFT = bass. Sometimes it's me, sometimes it's the arranger. Either way - I like to make up the rest of the arrangement with my own chords.

#174846 - 07/10/03 08:32 AM Re: Korg Pa X pro.....61 keys....
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I'm still not convinced that this is a real board until I see it with my own eyes. After that, we'll see.. I'd like to see 4 fills per style, and a better piano sample. After that, multipads that play actual phrases like those on the Yamaha arranger series ( though I like being able to use them as controllers too ). Give me more sliders and knobs, and smart media storage, and maybe .. just maybe, I'd consider it. Otherwise, the current model serves me fine.
AJ

#174847 - 07/10/03 09:21 AM Re: Korg Pa X pro.....61 keys....
Uncle Dave Offline

I'm with you, AJ ! Seeing is believing.

#174848 - 07/10/03 12:21 PM Re: Korg Pa X pro.....61 keys....
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
O Ye of little faith. Well, would ya' lookie here; by golly it did show up at Summer NAMM.

Best regards,
Mike
PS: Summer NAMM 2003, "8" days and counting...

I didn't realize that Korg was complacent on their Jazz Chord recognitions. Maybe with the Korg PA1-X/Pro they will get it right and get with it as I agree it sure would be nice to have; and an essential ingredient for those who especially play Jazz type music on their Arranger[s].

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online