SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#121499 - 07/03/03 08:12 PM Website Revamp!
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hello All,
Ok after saying I would for long enough I have given the old website a refurbish! I wanted to make it simple and just a place to put my songs. Hope you like the new look.

I am in the process of re-recording most of my songs using my new equipment and the techniques imparted by the experts here on synthzone.

Only three songs are working at the moment (probably because that is all I have recorded yet )

'Crying over you' is one of the first songs I wrote (So you have probably heard it before) but I am really pleased with how it has turned out this time and think the recording is much improved on the old version.

'That's Whats Killing Me' Is a song I wrote last month when I was trying to master improving my recording so you won't have heard this one.

'You Run Away' is a song I started writing last week and is my personal favourite. (Well until I write another )

Listen if you like, No offence taken if you dont want to and all comments welcome....good bad and ugly
http://the-ant.2ya.com

Very best to you all
Tony W

[This message has been edited by Tony W (edited 07-03-2003).]

#121500 - 07/03/03 09:17 PM Re: Website Revamp!
Dnj Offline

Tony ,

Good luck on your new site. I like the new look!!

#121501 - 07/03/03 09:37 PM Re: Website Revamp!
trtjazz Offline

Tony, I like the whole site look very soothing with the green marble.

I liked all 3 cuts. The flamenco feel and guitar riffs on "Crying Over You" was Very cool.

I especially like the latin bossa style of "That's What's Killing Me" really liked the "I was fine when you came along and will be when you're gone" line (paraphrasing a bit I think).

Even though "You Run Away" departs your usual feel with the dance sort of sound to it, the tune is still charecteristically Tony W. which is a good thing.

Even though "Pretty Dresses" wasn't up yet I had to try it anyway as it's one of my top 3 favorites of yours.

The overall sound came through excellent with great clarity and crispness. The mixes were top notch and everything placed very well in them. The equipment investment was well worth it, sounds great.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 07-03-2003).]

#121502 - 07/04/03 05:03 PM Re: Website Revamp!
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi Donny and Terry,
Thanks for visiting and glad you like the new look!

Terry I am really pleased you think the mixes sound crisp and well placed. I tested them on my pc, my partners pc, the hi-fi, the DVD player and in the car!!! I was still worried however that people would still hear the 'mud' I am trying so hard to be rid of when I record.

Best wishes to you both
Tony W

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online