SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#199457 - 06/30/03 06:05 PM PSR2100 Received Damaged
deatonent Offline

Loc: Tazewell, VA, USA
This afternoon UPS delivered my new PSR2100. Before the driver left I inspected the box for damage. The box was dirty and "scuffed" looking but was not crushed or mangled. Upon opening the box and removing the packing material (this was obviously an unopened factory fresh unit), I found a crack. Just to the right (player's view)of the keybed there is a jagged crack in the top half of the case (cabinet). My dealer is on vacation for a week so I can't expect any help from him at this point. I'm informing UPS of the problem and intend to file a claim. Is that the proper procedure? Then I started to wonder. If the shipper did not insure the instrument for it's full value will UPS be liable up to the amount I paid for the 2100 or for only the basic amount that is included in the shipping cost?
Thanks,
Deaton

#199458 - 06/30/03 06:18 PM Re: PSR2100 Received Damaged
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Did the dealer give you free shipping with this unit? If so it would be his responsibility to put insurance on the item. That way if UPS damaged the unit, he could file a claime for the instruments value... You'll need to talk to the dealer on this one.. You ordered a keyboard, it came damaged, now it's between your dealer, and UPS (if your dealer is the one who paid for the shipping) What your dealer should do is send you a new board considering this one is damaged, and he should deal with UPS. If you order from catalogs that have free shipping, you are supposed to inspect the product.. If it's damaged you send it back (they pay for it), and ship you a new one. You just need to talk to you dealer.. I'm sure he or she will work something out for you..

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#199459 - 06/30/03 08:22 PM Re: PSR2100 Received Damaged
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Another reason to buy from a trusted source. Hope you did!
DonM

#199460 - 07/01/03 08:11 AM Re: PSR2100 Received Damaged
deatonent Offline

Loc: Tazewell, VA, USA
I can't talk to my dealer for a week. He's on vacation. I'm afraid that if I wait that long it will be out of the "window" of time allowed for reporting claims. ???
Thanks,
Deaton

#199461 - 07/01/03 08:39 AM Re: PSR2100 Received Damaged
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by deatonent:
I can't talk to my dealer for a week. He's on vacation. I'm afraid that if I wait that long it will be out of the "window" of time allowed for reporting claims. ???
Thanks,
Deaton

Deaton, what is the 'name' of the store (dealer) you purchased your keyboard from? Sounds flaky. I'd never purchase from a store that doesn't even have a 'back up' staff available to help in situations like this.

I recommend calling UPS 'immediately' in order to officially report the damage right away. UPS packages are automatically insured for up to $80 - $100 (or something like that). UPS should be able to tell you if the package was additionally insured for the full value of the keyboard or not. Unless the dealer paid for additional insurance coverage, I'm afraid UPS is only liable for the minimally insured amount. I concur with what DonM said, hoping you purchased your keyboard from a 'trusted' source. Good luck and do keep us posted.

Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online