SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#137894 - 06/11/03 09:53 PM usb for pa80
TERRYC Offline

Loc: St, Petersburg. Florida. u.s.a
I installed the usb interface on my pa 80 today, and this afternoon, and tonight.What a job. I was so glad that a couple of members had posted directions some time ago. I had saved the postings on my desktop and they really were a great help.Thanks to the forum I avoided doing irreparable harm to my instrument,the walls and myself.

#137895 - 06/12/03 05:34 AM Re: usb for pa80
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
OK Terry .... now get busy and tell us what it can do !

#137896 - 06/12/03 08:02 AM Re: usb for pa80
TERRYC Offline

Loc: St, Petersburg. Florida. u.s.a
Basically,the advantage of the interface,is the ability to manipulate your data from your laptop or pc.I have an extensive midi file collection and I do a variety of different work.Ido some places that want all irish music, some that want none,and some where I do nothing but dance music,or a las vegas type show set.The place I,m playing tonight has an average age of twenty one to about thirty five.Tomorrow night will be an Irish pub with an average age of about forthy five and up. Saturday is a dance in a country club,once again a little older. I have about 1000 files on my hard disk divided into many different catogaries,and I am constantly changing them.As you know it is a labour intensive process. It is easier,and I can see most of my files and folders better on my pc.One thing I'm disappointed with is the fact that I can,t use the usb to play the midi file on my keyboard.I still have to use the serial cable. At least I Think I do.I hav'ent explored all the possibilities yet.Tansferring data to my pc is also much easier now.I don,t have to dump everything on to floppies.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online