SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#203290 - 06/09/03 09:32 PM Midi Sustain unit works!
Beakybird Offline

I just received the midi sustain unit: http://tomscarff.tripod.com/. It works as desired. I programmed my PSR2000 to receive a midi message from channel one to be applied to the entire keyboard. This makes it work just like the regular sustain pedal on the PSR2000. Now I programmed the pedal I was using for sustain to "fill to self". This adds a fill in what ever style control setting I'm at (A, B, C, or D). I am using the other footpedal to activate and deactivate echo/harmony. Anyway, it works just fine.

If you want to add an extra pedal to your PSR, this might be the ticket.

Beakybird

#203291 - 06/10/03 09:45 AM Re: Midi Sustain unit works!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
This is GREAT PSR2000/2100 news, as 2 pedals imho is simply NOT enough as I've grown to require utilizing 3 footpedals on my Tyros, assigning the left pedal to 'fill to self', center pedal to 'vocal harmonzer on/off', and right pedal to 'sustain'.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a pic of the midi sustain pedal on the
http://tomscarff.tripod.com

website you provided. What exactly does the midi sustain pedal look like? Is it the standard piano damper pedal variety, or does it look more like a raised footswitch?

Larry (Beaky): Would it be possible for you to take a pic of it and post it on the web?

Scott

#203292 - 06/10/03 04:46 PM Re: Midi Sustain unit works!
Beakybird Offline

Sorry, Scott. Can't provide a pic right now. I will soon. The unit isn't a pedal at all. It is a black box about 4 1/2" x 2 1/2" x 1". There is a compartment for a 9 volt battery. There is one 1/4" input for a footpedal and a midi out that goes to the midi in of the keyboard. When you plug a footswitch into the unit, a light comes on indicating that it is drawing power. Very important, the unit requires a footswitch that is the opposite polarity of a Yamaha footswitch. The footswitch from my Fatar keyboard works fine.

There are also 4 tiny din switches that you can use to choose which midi channel you want to send the message to. The maker of the sustain pedal, Tom Scarff also makes other midi solutions.

I got to get used to using my feet to make those drum fills.

Beakybird

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online