SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#144905 - 04/30/03 02:07 PM TYROS USB OS UPDATE -- BRAVO YAMAHA !!!!!!!!
Bob Gelman Offline

Loc: Berkeley, CA
SOME GREAT NEWS FROM YAMAHA RE TYROS !!
BRAVO YAMAHA !!!!!!!!!

----- Original Message -----
To: tyrosworld@yahoogroups.com ; yamaha-psr-songs@yahoogroups.com ; yamaha-psr-styles@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 1:37 PM
Subject: [tyrosworld] IMPORTANT: Tyros OS Upgrade gives fast USB

Hi All,

Good News !!!

I knew Yamaha would come good in the end.

For anyone that doesn’t already know, Yamaha have just released an OS upgrade (version 1.2) for the Tyros that allows you to run in a special USB transfer mode.

USB Transfer mode is activate by holding down the Music Finder Button whilst starting the keyboard. Once it has started up, your hard disc on the Tyros becomes visible as a disc drive on your pc and you can copy and paste files through explorer.

USB Transfer Mode gives you speed of approximately 1.6Mb/s which is equivalent to 204 Kbytes/s compared to 8 that we had previously.

I upgraded and I can confirm that in my experience, the speed is even faster than that J

I transferred 2 Megabytes of files in under 10 seconds

Here is a link to download

Remember to read the instructions carefully. It does take a while (15-20 minutes) to complete.

http://www.yamahapkclub.com/tyros/download/os_verup/os_verup.htm

Have fun.

Paul.

#144906 - 04/30/03 04:03 PM Re: TYROS USB OS UPDATE -- BRAVO YAMAHA !!!!!!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Just had to share with you all, that I performed the 1.20 Tyros OS update and everything went smoothly. This is definitely an OS update 'MUST', especially for those with the optional Tyros hard drive. The USB transfer rate speed improvement via the new HDD utility is simply phenomenal.

Now the Tyros HD is recognized & viewed by my PC as just another HD device in 'my computer' and I can now move files back and forth between the PC & Tyros HD (it seems) as fast as between the internal HDs in my PC itself. In addition I can now defragment, optimize, scan for it for virus', as well as easily & quickly back the contents of the Tyros HD to my PC or directly to CD for archiving. VERY COOL at last !

The new OS update also corrects the small glitch (delay) that previously occurred when the vocal harmonizer was triggered on/off.

Also, the 'one touch' setting 'split point & fingering setting' bug (reverting the default settings) which occurred when a style was loaded from the HD or floppy , (discovered by by GrahamUK) has now been corrected too.

Congratulations to Yamaha Corporation for listening to us and resolving these issues.

I continue to LOVE playing and performing on the Tyros. Though others here may disagree, I feel the Tyros is simply the best 61 note arranger keyboard out there right now.

Scott

#144907 - 04/30/03 05:01 PM Re: TYROS USB OS UPDATE -- BRAVO YAMAHA !!!!!!!!
trtjazz Offline

Yamaha....outstanding on this upgrade! No more moaning about the USB speed thank God.

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online