SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#128692 - 03/17/03 12:35 PM gensys Pro Pictures
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
For all those that have asked for pictures of the genesys Pro. I have a low resolution of the brochure:

Front Side: http://www.generalmusic.us/brochures/genesysPro.pdf

Back Side: http://www.generalmusic.us/brochures/genesysProBackPage.pdf

I will have more pictures to come.

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

[This message has been edited by PaulD (edited 03-17-2003).]

[This message has been edited by PaulD (edited 03-17-2003).]

#128693 - 03/17/03 12:42 PM Re: gensys Pro Pictures
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Paul,
Thanks, but the links don't work.
Don

#128694 - 03/17/03 12:54 PM Re: gensys Pro Pictures
PaulD Offline

Opps! They should work now.

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#128695 - 03/17/03 01:53 PM Re: gensys Pro Pictures
Lou Y Offline

Loc: NY USA
Paul,
Thanks for the pic's. The back link still isn't working.
Good looking board though...

------------------
Lou

#128696 - 03/17/03 02:20 PM Re: gensys Pro Pictures
PaulD Offline

Well, the link was correct, I forgot to upload the picture.

Well for me 3 times isn't a charm.

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#128697 - 03/17/03 03:13 PM Re: gensys Pro Pictures
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Paul,

There was some past talk about putting the DRAKE chip in Genesys. Will this happen?

#128698 - 03/17/03 03:46 PM Re: gensys Pro Pictures
PaulD Offline

Sk880, I am not allowed to discuss what future upgrades and future developments until they are announced, well as products Generalmusic is developing. As you can understand, our competition would love to know what we are working on and developing. The current genesys model is just the beginning of the genesys series and product development on the current model and feature models are in the works.

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#128699 - 03/17/03 04:04 PM Re: gensys Pro Pictures
Lou Y Offline

Loc: NY USA
Just a small article and pic of the Pro...

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM03/Content/Generalmusic/PR/Genesys-Pro.html

------------------
Lou

#128700 - 03/17/03 08:41 PM Re: gensys Pro Pictures
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulD:
The current genesys model is just the beginning of the genesys series and product development on the current model and feature models are in the works.

Paul it's good to have you on the board here at SynthZone. I didn't realize you worked for GeneralMusic. It's great that we have Arranger Manufacturers' employees checking in on us Arranger players. Who knows maybe your the COO of the company even. We now have not only Steve Deming from Yamaha but now Paul D from GeneralMusic. And I see your from Eugene, OR. I have relatives in Myrtle Creek and friends in Grants Pass. Small world. Any ways, I am glad the Genesys series is going to be continued beyond the current line of Keyboards. The Genesys Pro is certainly feature packed and I really like the idea of a 250,000 event song sequencer. That is huge for sure. And also the built in CD-Writer. I don't understand why GM did not increase the Polyphony on the Genesys Pro. Doesn't GM realize that Yamaha, Roland, and Technics all have Arrangers with 128 note polyphony and I am almost certain in a year or two (maybe 3) there will be Arrangers with 256 polyphony and maybe more. That's one feature that is at the TOP of my list before I would consider upgrading. My PSR 2000 has a tendency to drop notes when I am playing complex arrangements. As you know the PSR 2000 has 64 note polyphony. Also built-in speakers are a MUST. "I know there is a way to put in speakers and still keep the weight down." My PSR 2000 HAS speakers "very good ones I might add", and it weighs a mere 23.1 lbs. I know your not the one who decides what features get put in GM Keyboards (or maybe you are ) but if you could possibly suggest to some of your product developers on the possibility of making a high-end Arranger with at least 128 note polyphony and some killer speakers and retain all of the other neat features of the current Genesys Pro with possibly even some new features on top of it and all the while keep the weight around 40 lbs. and the price under 4 grand (Suggested Retail), and I am sure you would have a winner on your hands. PS: I have played on stage before hundreds of people with my PSR 2000 and I can tell you right off that having those built in speakers really helps to monitor my playing. Sometimes the stage monitors are not positioned appropriately so there can be weak spots in the mix and my built-in speakers can come in handy to fill in those possible weak spots. Again I cannot understate this: built-in speakers are a great way to monitor yourself while playing. And believe me, other musicians don't think to themselves "My gosh" that guy has a Keyboard with built-in speakers. How unprofessional!! My lead Keyboardist in my band plays a Korg Triton and he has never mentioned anything about my Keyboard being unprofessional because it has speakers... On the contrary, he has remarked several times how good some of my Keyboard sounds are! As someone has stated: It's all in the Mix! Give a Keyboard awesome sounds and great features and people could care less about whether it has speakers or not. What makes a Keyboard professional is not because it DOESN'T have speakers BUT because it has killer sounds and features. PS: I am saying this because it seems Yamaha, GM, and possibly other Manufacturers have this notion that if an Arranger has speakers it is somehow less than Professional not only to the person who plays it "who could care less imo" but in the eyes of the Music World thereby putting these said Manufacturers in a negative light to the rest of the music industry, thinking that the Music industry is actually frowning on them because of it. Why they think this way is beyond me.

Any who, I for one am looking for a high end Arranger with speakers and more polyphony. I will keep my eyes and ears open to what GM does in the future. But I am afraid someone is going to beat you to the punch. Hopefully GM will prove me wrong.

Best regards,
Mike

#128701 - 03/17/03 10:47 PM Re: gensys Pro Pictures
PaulD Offline

Mike,
Thank You. Myrtle Creek and Grants Pass are nice areas .Polyphony has been mentioned more than once before, where as we have instruments with actual 320 polyphony, the decision was made in designing the genesys, that 64 notes of real polyphony would be plenty. I personally have never had a note drop out, and I push my instrument hard. I could play the same sequence on another instrument with supposedly more polyphony and it will drop notes and the genesys doesn't. Lets face it, on a spec sheet, the genesys doesn't seem to have the power of lesser instruments. In the real world, I haven't had anyone complain about notes dropping out. I would love on the spec sheet to say we have more polyphony, but what really matters to everyone, is will it do the job.

Weight is another issue on the genesys and with a 10' sub and the amazing crystal clear sound system installed in the genesys, it is always going to be an issue. The system will carry a small room of 25-50 people. There is an improvement they are working on, that will reduce the current weight, but not as much as you desire.

Yamaha, nor Generalmusic have labeled instrument with speakers as not professional. That is the fault of the consumers, and keyboard type magazines, keyboard salesman. If Generalmusic or even Yamaha tried to buck the system, we'd have a fight on our hands. I think the term professional keyboard verse home style keyboards in a fuzzy line. I can understand why a keyboard salesman selling a keyboard with speakers to a home user would call those without a professional keyboard, as you would normally buy them and plug them into a sound system... Makes it easy for the salesman to differentiate between the two types of instruments. Some people think that anything with an automatic arranger onboard means it is a home-style instrument. Some think that anything that has General MIDI sounds is a home-style instrument (although the latter mindset has changed since the Kurzweil PC-88 days and them having to add General MIDI sound sets).

As I have stated before in another thread, that I like the genesys and would use it on stage, without changing a thing, as the speaker system is an awesome stage monitor.

I am not the only one from Generalmusic that monitors these boards. Chris Anthony one of Generalmusic design team has posted here for years. Others watch the forum but do not post. I am relatively new to posting to this forum myself, although I have monitored this forum as well as many other forums and news groups heck I go all the way back to fidoNet.
I am a representative for Generalmusic US, and have nothing to do with product development. However I do pass on suggestions to those that do. Take Care

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online