SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#115818 - 02/10/03 10:41 AM Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Playing to a group of musicians seems to me to be a daunting task, but that is just what Scott Yee did yesterday afternoon. Scott faced some 40 keyboard and organ players in Avila Beach, California accompanying himself on his new Tyros keyboard. He moved around the Tyros as if it were an old friend, responding to a few TOTALLY off the wall requests without missing a beat. His two hour program seemed to zip by in minutes. He was besieged by questions from many of the pros in the audience. In the end the most frequently asked question was “Scott, when can you come back?”
fb

#115819 - 02/10/03 10:58 AM Re: Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Frank & Scott ..... what was the occasion?
t.

#115820 - 02/10/03 02:09 PM Re: Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
Dnj Offline

sounds like it was a fun time, where are the pictures?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-10-2003).]

#115821 - 02/10/03 08:52 PM Re: Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
trtjazz Offline

Scott & Frank,
Scott...congrats on yet another successful gig.

Frank....thanks for the up close and personal scoop.

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#115822 - 02/10/03 08:57 PM Re: Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi all,

Having a terrific time in Central & Southern California finally meeting (in person) and playing music with Synthzone members Frank Bez, Paul Curzan, and Eric Bott.

What a pleasant surprise to discover that both Paul & Eric drove over 100 miles to attend my concert the Central Coast Organ & Keyboard club in Avila Beach, CA. Special thanks to Frank for his generous hospitality and assistance in making for a very satisfying gig. The room acoutics and ambience was ideal. Frank is not only talented musicially, but did you know that he has photographed MANY hollywood stars and musicians including Duke Ellington, which were also featured covers of best selling magazines.

Today, I drove further south to Santa Barbara and spent a terrific afternoon jamming with Paul & Eric (and his wife Claudia). It was fun comparing the 9000pro and the Tyros. I think Eric wants a Tyros now. It really is a special treat to finally meet and play music with Synthzone members, and to finally transform cyber friendships into one to one friendships. Andrea, wish you were here.

Scott

#115823 - 02/10/03 11:35 PM Re: Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Andrea, wish you were here.

Scott

Scott, please don't rub my wound; I am sad already on my own for not being there.
A big hug to you, Claudia, Eric, Evelina, Frank and Paul (in alphabetical order!)
Hope to make it to California later this year, who knows...

#115824 - 02/11/03 09:25 AM Re: Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
[B]sounds like it was a fun time, where are the pictures?B]

I'll post some pics when I return home later this week. In the meantime, I'm hanging & relaxin' in the beautiful beach resort town of Santa Barbara . . . the California Riviera.

Scott

#115825 - 02/11/03 09:49 AM Re: Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
Dnj Offline

Thanx Scott can't wait to see the pics!!! dont get sunburned :>)

#115826 - 02/11/03 09:56 AM Re: Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
SBPC Offline

Loc: Goleta, CA, USA
Anyone looking for a good buy on an almost new Tyros, you've got one day to make the deal. I also have a good buy on a pair of EV speakers. All this is courtesy of Scott Yee (trusting soul) who left his equipment in our garage while he's playing tourist in Santa Barbara.

We certainly enjoyed meeting Scott up at Avila on Sunday where we took in his concert. Then yesterday afternoon we hosted a musical get-together at our home. In addition to Scott, we had Eric Bott and his wife (she joined us after work), a sax/clarinet playing friend of mine who joined in on the jamming, three musician friends who came to listen and check out the various arranger keyboards, and last but not least, my wife who was the social hostess and did some video taping.

We had a very nice afternoon of music. We got to enjoy Scott's playing and singing in a very relaxed environment. He's quite a talented fellow for sure and I really apprecited Scott's piano virtuosity. (I'm still finding surplus roots all over our carpet from those rootless chords that were flying around our family room.)

This past weekend was my first chance to hear the new Tyros live and I must say it's a nice sounding board. All in all, it was a very enjoyable time and we look forward to doing something like this again - for sure when Andrea pays his next visit.
Paul C.

#115827 - 02/11/03 10:15 AM Re: Scott Yee Hits Avila - Inside Story
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Gang,

it's time for me to join the discussion.

As Scott, Paul and Frank already mentioned we a had a blast.
Wish you were here Andrea ......

Scott really knows his stuff and those rootless cords do make quite a difference.

As a matter of fact, it made such a difference, that Paul almost gave up on his KB playing.
I had to talk to him for a while otherwise he would have sold his KB for good....
(probably to get a Tyros )

My wife Claudia joined in after work and sang some great Standards with Scott like Unforgetable...

BTW Paul can't sell Scott's Tyros!!
When he wasn't looking I got it out of the Garage with my other stuff. He thought I was taking my Pro, but you better check your garage Paul before Scott gets back.......

It's always great to meet and jam with other Synthzone members; or better family.

Eric

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online