SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#145981 - 01/03/03 12:00 PM XD3 display problems
Flavie Offline

Loc: Ontario - Canada
Hi! Did anyone have problems with the display on Ketron products. After two months only, my XD3 starts to show me dirty screens( lots of extra dots) and I cannot read the menu. Sometimes I can get rid of this changing the page, but sometimes I must reboot the module to get a clear display. How bad is it? Does somebody encounter the same problem? Thank You!

#145982 - 01/03/03 09:53 PM Re: XD3 display problems
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
There is a problem that Ketron is aware of with displays. The problem is that in some units, the 10 little red wires which attach from the display to the display board are not soldered into their connector and only held tight by pressure. All new units have now been fixed by soldering these wires and all older units should be brought in to a local repair center for this modification. Also, there is an adjusment on the display board to make sure the voltage going to the board is set correctly and this can also be done by a qualified repair center.
I do urge you to contact the Ketron Distributor in your country. In the USA that would be Bell/Duovox in New York. They can be reached at 845-268-1001.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

[This message has been edited by George Kaye (edited 01-03-2003).]
(Retired 2021)

#145983 - 01/03/03 10:06 PM Re: XD3 display problems
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
As I mentioned in a previous post, when I had auditioned a brand new XD9 (fresh out of the box) at my local Ketron dealer, the LCD screen would periodically (and unexplainably) freeze up for appox 10 seconds, right after I selected a new sound or style, before finally switching to the new screen display. This (and Ketron reliablility problems reported by others here) didn't make me feel confident about Ketron reliability, even though I'm admitttedly impressed by some the Ketron sounds/styles, especially the SD1. My Yamaha Tyros has, so far, performed flawessly. - Scott

#145984 - 01/03/03 11:22 PM Re: XD3 display problems
Flavie Offline

Thank you very much George Kaye and Scottyee for your reply but I'm afraid is not much to do from where I am now. I am European but curently I perform in China and I stil have 5 months to go! Is only God who can help me to finish this contract. I do like Yamaha as well, but I also like to play piano and there is no keyboard on the market with the XD3's features and hammer action keys. More than this, most of the overseas hotels that I work for already own electric pianos, and I need to carry only the module.
Thanks again my friends and GOOD LUCK!

#145985 - 01/03/03 11:48 PM Re: XD3 display problems
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Very nice web site. Very nice wife. Very nice life!
DonM

#145986 - 01/05/03 12:37 AM Re: XD3 display problems
Flavie Offline

Thank you Don! Yes thanks to God I've got a great life and I am very pleased. I've got the chance to travel the world and save good money as well. We've been working in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Japan, India and now in China. Is not a bad life but sometimes I feel like I should settle down and have some kids.
Thank you for your message!
PS. That is a 3 year old web site, please check this new one:
www.talentexport.go.ro

[This message has been edited by Flavie (edited 01-05-2003).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online