SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#174718 - 12/11/02 02:01 AM Sound forge 5 recording query!!!URGENT!!!!
sunnycool77 Offline

Hi All!
I use Sound Forge. I play four instruments and want to make a track using them. Now my question is, after I record a track, can I record a new track on the existing one while hearing the previous track in sync so that its mixed.Like we do it in Sonar. I hope u understand me.
Thx

#174719 - 12/11/02 05:44 AM Re: Sound forge 5 recording query!!!URGENT!!!!
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Sound Forge is not a multi-track recording program like Sonar, which is why you need both. Sound Forge is best used for crafting the final stereo mix that you obtain with Sonar or another multi-track source. I'd highly recommend that you use Sonar for multi-tracking if you already have it.

Having said that, there are probably some tricks you could do to get a quasi-multitrack recording, such as recording your computer's output of Sound Forge to an external mixer and adding in another instrument live while recording to a DAT or some other recorder. Or, if you want to do without stereo then you may be able to combine your stereo tracks to mono in Sound Forge, save the file and reopen it in the left channel and record into the right channel.

#174720 - 12/11/02 09:25 AM Re: Sound forge 5 recording query!!!URGENT!!!!
sunnycool77 Offline

Hey thanx man.U saved me a lotta trouble. Ok can yu tell me also whether Cakewalk ProAudio is also good enuff as my system is a Pentium 2 and Sonar seems a bit sluggy on it.
Thx a million!!!

#174721 - 12/11/02 07:49 PM Re: Sound forge 5 recording query!!!URGENT!!!!
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello
I also have Sound Forge 5.0. If I remember correctly their Vegas program which came with it is multi-track, (seems like 8 tracks or so).

Hope this helps.

Scott Langholff

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online