SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#214146 - 11/14/02 12:15 PM genesys
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
I'd love to get as much info on genesys as we're getting on tyros... Even from the little info I know, Genesys is #1 out there. Pity they have bad marketing

Anyway, I know Genesys is available in the US but I wonder if anyone knows where I can put my hands on Genesys in NY Metro area.

Thank you,

------------------
New Yorker

#214147 - 11/14/02 12:44 PM Re: genesys
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Call General Music at (800) 323-0280 to locate the closest GEM Genesys dealer near you.

#214148 - 11/22/02 09:12 AM Re: genesys
New Yorker Offline

Thank you Scott.

I called GEM 2 weeks ago, spoke to someone about Genesys in NY/NJ/PA to try it. Noone called me back (rrrr)

Called today, got info on some place in Wayne, NJ and in PA. Called them up right away. Got the voice mail of someone who is far from doing business with anything related to music at all (The place called Hale Organ & Keyboards. I guess they moved or just gone).

Place in PA; First when I asked about "Genesys" their reaction was: what is that? I told them the brand and they said, oh OK, we do cary GEM products but Genesys (is that how you said it?) will never be a demo unit, only on order basis.

GEM! Nice marketing!

[This message has been edited by New Yorker (edited 11-22-2002).]

[This message has been edited by New Yorker (edited 11-22-2002).]

#214149 - 11/22/02 09:23 AM Re: genesys
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
New Yorker, I owne one. Unfortunatley I think that the keyboard is sort on supply, now it is either because they will have a new lighter version or there is a great demand for it "which I am sure there is". In Europe it is still skerce, so no wonder that you are having this problem in the US.But if you are interested I will email you some of the good features there is, in this great Keyboard. Man go for it!!!! it's what you need if you need a good keyboard to work with in live situation.
Good Luck.
Tony

#214150 - 11/22/02 09:32 AM Re: genesys
New Yorker Offline

Thank you, Tony.

So you suggest to wait till they gonna produce a board without speakers or whatever? Maybe you're right about it 'cause when I go to GEM web site and click for Genesys, the page is not there! And it's for a few eeks already. It's not professional at all to do it, they could have leave something saying that the board you're looking for is under whatever...

Also, I'm not sure how will it take them to do a new board without speakers. I hope we're not talking months here. otherwise, it'll be old technology by then.

For now, I'm sure it's a great keyboard but still have to try it. I'd appreciate if you can email me the good features of the board anyway and any other info. I'm looking for a studio board more than for live and I think G will handle it well. My other option is Tyros. I liked it a lot.

Anyway, my email is newyorker1970@hotmail.com (don't send me tunes though or anything like that 'cause I downloaded a few and it sounds great).

Thanks a lot!

------------------
New Yorker

#214151 - 11/22/02 03:50 PM Re: genesys
ziggy Offline

New Yorker leave it to me. Il send you what's most important to know, About the site bieng down, most probably they are reworking the site and it might take long, about how long it takes I don't know but if you wont it for studio the wieght is no problem for you, like it isn't for me even though I gig every night at different places. The think I like most about Genesys is it's real sounds and for studio recording you have what you want in it, from bass to Drums great stuff there, but I will send you in detail some of the good featurtes there is in it.

Tony.

#214152 - 11/22/02 07:13 PM Re: genesys
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Don't quite understand how a company and product can be N0 1 our there, and admittedly have "bad marketing." ARJ

#214153 - 11/22/02 08:14 PM Re: genesys
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Arthur R. Jacobs:
Don't quite understand how a company and product can be N0 1 our there, and admittedly have "bad marketing." ARJ

Arthur,
Bad marketing implies that they have marketing, from what I have been able to see....they do not have any marketing at all. If their site has been down for weeks, and they cannot answer a phone message to a perspective customer, I can only imagine how fast they will be with upgrades and support issues.
not jammin' a Genesys,
Terry

#214154 - 11/23/02 05:21 AM Re: genesys
ziggy Offline

Terry I can only speak on myself ok. I need help for example I had copied what I had on my WK4 and Burned it to a CD so I can copy everything I had on Genesys but, But when I took the CD on my Genesys it couldn't read the content of the CD so I sent an email to this person in ITALY not US and he answeard me within 4 hours and he solved my problem.

This is the corrispondence I had with him to show you that they reply, Please Start reading from the bottom up so you understand what was going on, Now where he doesn't answear that means that there has to be an OS upgrade to fix the problem, but you can see that they take care of thier clients.. And this is not the only corrispondence I had with Mr Marebella.

{{And George this is for you too, if anybody have problem that the GENESYS does not read a CD that means you have to set up the way you BURN a CD}}.

To: Tony Gauci
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 12:21pm
Subject: R: Genesys

Dear Mr. Gauci
===========

Using "Nero" as burning program you have to execute the following setup:

ISO: Iso Level 2
(Format) Mode 1
(char SET) ASCII
Joilet unchecked

Try to burn again your CD and let me know if works properly

Best regars

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Tony Gauci [mailto:gauciton@onvol.net]
Inviato: mercoledì 6 novembre 2002 11.13
A: rmirabella@generalmusic.com
Oggetto: Re: Genesys

Thank you for your fast reply.
I am using NERO (Free Version) which I download from INTERNET. And my CD Writer is Creative 4 x 4 x 24x.

My last OS upgrade is 20 - 09 - 2002
----- Original Message -----
To: Tony Gauci
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 9:18 AM
Subject: R: Genesys

Dear Mr. Gauci
===========

> First of all, which program have you used to burn your song CD in the PC? Let me know as soon as possible

> What does it means : OS upgrade 20 : 10 (Genesys??)

Thanks in adavance for your cooperation

Best regards

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Tony Gauci [mailto:gauciton@onvol.net]
Inviato: martedì 5 novembre 2002 23.02
A: rmirabella@generalmusic.com
Oggetto: Genesys

Hello Mr Mirabella.

I need some very urgent help.
Can you pleast tell me what I am doing wrong or what I shall do with my problem.

I have Copied All the SONGS I had on my WK4 Hard disk to my Computer by using An Adapter. Now I have copied all the songs to a CD but when I put the CD in my GENESYS I can see the name of the folders but the Keyboard is not Recognising them as a Gem SONG, and so they don't play, then I copy one folder on a FLOPPY DISK and it's ok and the Genesys Recognise all the songs in that folder. Can you please help me with this problem.

Another problem is when I change from one folder to another in the HARD DISK the first song in the folder don't play I have to highlight another song and then go back to the first song.

Another problem is that some songs (even gem songs) If I am in the LYRICS windows the volume SLIDERS don't FUNCTION.

OS upgrade 20 : 10

I am waiting for reply

Thank you for your help.

Tony Gauci.

[This message has been edited by ziggy (edited 11-23-2002).]

#214155 - 11/23/02 12:19 PM Re: genesys
trtjazz Offline

Ziggy,
Looks like you got excellent customer support from them.
Terry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online