I think that the Music Finder is a terrific feature which allows you to create your own custom database of searchable song titles and associated linked styles & tempos which get automatically called up. The concept is great because you can also create keywords to call up custom song lists in various ways via specific search criteria.

Unfortunately the weakness of the Music Finder is in its limited number of parameters which can be stored: basically, only the style itself (along with associated OTS settings) and the song's tempo. Other parameters such as: key transpose, octave setting, split point, and many other crucial song settings are not included because these parameters not supported in OTS.

I propose that Yamaha further enhance Music Finder's power by adding Music Finder access to 'Registration Memory' files, and not just to 'style' files, as is currently the case. Doing this would greatly increase the power of Music Finder to include ALL settings in Registration Memory: song key transpose, 8 additional voice setups, split point, octave settings, chord fingering type, vocalizer settings, etc. Doing this would then fully integrate the Music Finder with ALL the setings of the keyboard and allow you to search & call up a 'fully customized' song by title via the Music Finder.

On a side note: It is noted that the Music Finder is not currently able to access data (styles) located on the hard drive, but ONLY from the Preset & User flash Memory areas of the keyboard. I hope Yamaha will look into this and can find a way to get Music Finder to load styles located on the HD as well, becasue the current set up is pretty restrictive. In addition, I hope Yamaha will be able to add Music Finder access to 'Registrtion Memory' files located in not only the Preset & User Memory area of the keyboard, but the hard drive as well.

Feedback, suggestions, and opinions about my propsal from others appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott