SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#96189 - 11/11/02 03:16 AM Recording to Calkwalk with Yamaha PSR 2000
riva Offline

Loc: Betar Ilite, Israel
O.K. guys--you've been soooo helpful, thanks so much...how about this:
When trying to record to Calkwalk Pro Audio, with the PSR 2000, nothing registers...another Yamaha keyboard does work for me. "R" is set and getting a "playback" from other files on Calkwalk does work.
Seems like, there is a setting on the keyboard I overlooked (I did set the "host" to midi).
thanks-Riva

#96190 - 11/11/02 06:16 AM Re: Recording to Calkwalk with Yamaha PSR 2000
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Riva:
I've recorded a whole Cd album http://www.mariolavera.com/ on my PSR2K with Cakewalk 9 pro, and simplified the whole procedure by using the KB sequencer to lay out the tracks and then saving them to a midi file on a floppy. Once on the floppy I just loaded the midi file on the PC, directly on to Cakewalk where I did all the "tweaking" and clean up. For playback I just ran a midi cable from the PC to the 2K ( make sure you have the "echo" feautre off on cakewalk)Simple!
Of course, you can record directly to cakewalk from the 2k, I feel this procedure is more cumbersome; I did it only if I needed to add any enhancements to the sequence on any single track, but only after I've was just about done with the song project. Althoug this does not answer your question directly, I hope this can be of some help.
Best Regards,
Mario

#96191 - 11/11/02 08:05 AM Re: Recording to Calkwalk with Yamaha PSR 2000
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Maybe something in the depths of Midi Settings - like setting up the appropriate mapping of PSR "tracks" to specific Midi-channels"?

#96192 - 11/11/02 11:06 AM Re: Recording to Calkwalk with Yamaha PSR 2000
riva Offline

Mario, Thanks for the advice. I generally work like this, but I am up to the finishing touches and I need to record to the Calkwalk. However, if the PSR 2000 can do a "sound on sound" recording, it would help. I haven't noticed this feature...any ideas..
thanks-Riva

#96193 - 11/11/02 02:20 PM Re: Recording to Calkwalk with Yamaha PSR 2000
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Riva:
You can record "sound on sound" on any track on the 2k. Just make sure you set the "record Mode" on "normal" for Rec Start and "Punch out" for Rec End.
So if you put your cakewalk midi file on a floppy and load it back to the 2k you may record over any track with the "Punch in and out" feature.
Good luck!
Mario

#96194 - 11/12/02 02:24 AM Re: Recording to Calkwalk with Yamaha PSR 2000
riva Offline

Thanks again, Mario.
I discoved that to record from the 2K to Calkwalk, I must go into Function menu -"MIDI" and then select "All Parts" or " SONG".
yours, Riva

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online