SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#185090 - 10/07/02 12:12 PM Haven't heard much about the Genisys, only Tyros
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
It seems that everybody is talking about Tyros but no one is mentioning Genisys? Is there a reason?

#185091 - 10/07/02 01:02 PM Re: Haven't heard much about the Genisys, only Tyros
Dnj Offline

Yes I was thinking of that myself,
It seems that the Genesys KB is dying a slow death on the forums here. Are there owners on here to give us some feedback?

#185092 - 10/07/02 01:36 PM Re: Haven't heard much about the Genisys, only Tyros
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
maybe those who bought the thing can't afford the internet anymore and had to sacrafice that to keep the keyboard.. Just joking of course...
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#185093 - 10/07/02 01:39 PM Re: Haven't heard much about the Genisys, only Tyros
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
SOLTON SG - 1:

http://www.solton.de/news.htm

I'm confused?????

#185094 - 10/07/02 02:19 PM Re: Haven't heard much about the Genisys, only Tyros
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
SOLTON SG - 1:

I'm confused?????

This was discussed by George Kaye a few weeks ago try a search on back posts.

#185095 - 10/07/02 02:41 PM Re: Haven't heard much about the Genisys, only Tyros
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Here in the US, there are so many fewer Genesys dealers then Yamaha Tyros dealers. In my store, the Genesys is being sold and customer feedback has been positive except for the weight of the keyboard. Many of my customers are waiting for a 61 key model which is coming the beginning of the year, if not sooner, without the speakers which add alot to the weight. I've said that both these keyboards are two top models available right now. I would think that many will wait here in the US until the Tyros ships to make their final decisions. I don't blame them!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#185096 - 10/08/02 07:02 AM Re: Haven't heard much about the Genisys, only Tyros
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Something about the Genisys strikes me as a "prototype" keyboard. It just doesnt look a sound commercial product.. Of course I know I must be wrong, but I guess the marketing is completely non existent. In the UK we never hear of them, and the US market is supposed to be "dead" on arrangers.

S.

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

#185097 - 10/08/02 07:27 AM Re: Haven't heard much about the Genisys, only Tyros
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Simon ,

The Genesys is being revised without speakers . This is a big move to lower price and weight !

Good Job on promoting TYRO's . Does Yamaha pay you ? or just your hobby ?

dano

#185098 - 10/08/02 07:31 AM Re: Haven't heard much about the Genisys, only Tyros
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:

Good Job on promoting TYRO's . Does Yamaha pay you ? or just your hobby ?

dano

I wish!! Just enthusiasm dano, which I like to share!

S.

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

#185099 - 10/08/02 07:35 AM Re: Haven't heard much about the Genisys, only Tyros
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by svpworld:
the US market is supposed to be "dead" on arrangers.

well..... not quite dead - more like it never got born yet. The population of working players who use arrangers is very small compared to the number of home users. My opinion is becasue they still haven't addressed the needs of the pro enough yet. Arranger keyboards are a pretty fair compromise to allow us to make a lot of music with a small unit, but in truth .... the real needs of the pro player are still a little off as far as most offerings in the market today. They all have "something", but none has "everything". I want "most", and I'm still searching for that "Camelot Keyboard"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online