SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#177926 - 09/15/02 06:09 AM PSR2000 problem
Mogens Offline

When playing one voice, holding down the key while selecting another voice, causes a dropout of the current voice.

My OS says: Main program 1.00

To decide if I should return the keybord to have this fixed, I would really apriciate if some of you PSR2000-owners with a newer OS would check if you got the same problem. Please play the Sweet Flute and select the NylonGuitar and se if you got a dropout of the Flute.

Thank you

Mogens Larsen

#177927 - 09/15/02 09:22 AM Re: PSR2000 problem
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I don't think a newer version will be any different. I remember that from when I had the 2k as well. You have to live with it, or change your playing style to accomodate it. I wasn't willing to change as much as the kb required (for me), so I bailed on it long ago. There are other kb's that do the same thing. It's just a quirk of the design features.

#177928 - 09/16/02 04:38 AM Re: PSR2000 problem
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Just to verify - Uncle Dave is correct!

Always seems a bit sad when this sort of glitch happens but it doubtless down to complexity of internal architecture and memory and therefore cost.

Interstingly enough, my Ensoniq SD1 doesn't glitch, so long as the effect category associated with the voice is unchanged. If the associated effect changes from (say) reverb to distortion, you get a glitch. I don't actually think this would be a factor on the PSR, but I'll give it a go and set up a few registration entries with no effects on any voices and see what happens when I change registrations.

#177929 - 09/16/02 10:44 AM Re: PSR2000 problem
Mogens Offline

Thank you UD and MacAllcock for the response.

MacAllcock, like your SD1 my PRS2000 doesn't glitch, when both voices has the same effect.

So now I have set up a registration-bank with 8 of my favorite voices (with the same effect). And furthermore when I call up the bank, and press Edit, each voice can be given its name - so having this screan "on top" when playing, it's just to press the corresponding button next to the screen to select any of the 8 voices. Of course you can also hit the "normal" registration-buttons.

Thank you very much MacAllcock for guiding me on the right track.

Mogens

#177930 - 09/16/02 05:58 PM Re: PSR2000 problem
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
What you are experiencing is a result of the effects changing with a new sound. Asking for the effects to change requires a bit of time and the internal processor needs that instant to change to a new effect. The fact that this doesn't happen when the effect doesn't change is proof of this.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda,California
(Retired 2021)

#177931 - 09/17/02 05:00 AM Re: PSR2000 problem
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Its a pleasure. If you hadn't posted the question I would never have thought of a possible answer!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online