SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#153228 - 09/04/02 03:54 PM Psr power supply needed!!!!!!!!!
drpete Offline

Loc: Fresno, CA USA
Last nite, my good friend just bought a brand new psr2000 from ebay wrapped in original box. But unlike mine, outside the box there is a writing "Power adapter not included". So now he's got mine. I dont understand why mine comes with one and his doesn't. Anyone know where I can find one? I checked at GC here and at radio shack and all the electronic stores and found none.

Bee

#153229 - 09/04/02 08:59 PM Re: Psr power supply needed!!!!!!!!!
mr82thebar Offline

Loc: Baltimore,Md.
Sorry to inform you .I have a Psr 2000 also and wanted to purchase a spare adaptor and found that you can only order it from Yamaha ( you can have the dealer also order for you ) and the cost is around 75.00. Aren't we lucky that only Yamaha adaptors will work. Sorry. Bob

#153230 - 09/05/02 01:36 PM Re: Psr power supply needed!!!!!!!!!
Roel Offline

What makes the adapter special ?
Is it the voltage(s), the capacity (Amperes)or the connector(s).

I could hardly believe Yamaha sells them without adapter and people have to purchase one as a separate product .....
Ketron power supplies are free of charges and guess what .... they put one in EVERY instrument

Perhaps someone knows the answers ?

Roel

#153231 - 09/05/02 01:50 PM Re: Psr power supply needed!!!!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Nothing really makes it special except Yamaha designs it so you have to use their adapter.... $75.00 is crazy! There's no reason someone should pay all that money for a PSR-2000 and then have to spend an additional $75.00 to plug the damn thing in.. A lot of companies are doing this now.. They're making the devices and selling the power supply separate. Just the companies way of juicing more money out of you.......
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#153232 - 09/05/02 02:00 PM Re: Psr power supply needed!!!!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Roel,
Also almost all of the PSR line comes without the adapters.. You have to buy them separate in what they like to call "The Survival Pack". Now if that isn't just a waste of money and time.. Anyone actually use those lame headphones that are included in the pack? You can't even buy the digital drum machines without having to buy the power supply separate.. Even the DJX-IIB doesn't come with the adapter... Everyone is doing it now.. Even the drum machine I'm buying from Zoom doesn't come with the power supply... If you noticed most stuff today that also can run on batteries doesn't come with the power supply.. I guess the company feels they can cheese you better this way. I don't understand the deal with the PSR-2000 though.. From what I understand the PSR-2000 does not operate on batteries, so why would Yamaha sell the freakin thing without the adapter, and then have the nerve to ask $75.00 for it.....?????
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#153233 - 09/05/02 03:48 PM Re: Psr power supply needed!!!!!!!!!
drpete Offline

Loc: Fresno, CA USA
It's crazy.....what I don't understand is why mine came with one and my friend's didn't, and it says right on the box( power adapter included / excludded) accordingly. Could it be that I paid $1199.00 for it and my friend only paid $899.00 for it....course I got mine on April already and he just got his a few days ago.

Bee

#153234 - 09/05/02 08:25 PM Re: Psr power supply needed!!!!!!!!!
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
drpete,
I bought my PSR-2000 not long after they were released here in the states, and it had a power supply packed with it.
Another thing don't try to use any other power supply with this board! Not even last years PS. This PS is a special switching device. It's very light. Use nothing but a
PA-300 with the PSR-2000!
All the best,
Nobby

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 09-05-2002).]

#153235 - 09/06/02 03:49 AM Re: Psr power supply needed!!!!!!!!!
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
There's been a previous discussion on this. As the PRS1000/2000 cannot function without a power supply then one should be supplied. Use of a non Yamaha PSU will certainly void the warranty, so I'm afraid Yamagha have us by the thingies on this one.

#153236 - 09/06/02 06:47 AM Re: Psr power supply needed!!!!!!!!!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
We did have a discussion about this a while back. Here in the US, all the PSR2000 boxes say "power supply included in box". When you bought one on EBAY, where did it come from? A different country? If it was a private party, this person didn't get it from the USA.
Next, survival kits are included when dealers purchase keyboards in certain required quantity. I, as a dealer, never charge for the survival kit which includes tha AC adapter, headphones, pedal and two year extended warranty when I sell a keyboard. Even the lowest price keyboards and the digital drums include these accessories at no charge. Some dealers might charge for these accessories, which is their choice, but I see it as a way of giving something extra to my customers that you won't get from the mass market stores that compete with music stores.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#153237 - 09/06/02 04:12 PM Re: Psr power supply needed!!!!!!!!!
Midnite Rider Offline

Loc: Whittier, CA, USA
George,

Are you telling me you get those survival kits for free??? I've seen them marked $49.99 Wow

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online