SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#218643 - 08/30/02 08:21 AM psr9000 foot switching ... what's your favorite setting ...and helpful hints.
rgtaa Offline

What settings do you set the footswitchs to?

Bebop started a thread a week or so ago asking about setting up 2 footswitchs ....and saving the new settings ..and we learned you have to save to 1st Registration button... ok... I turn machine on and push 1st Regrestrion button.

Now I've been playing with the 2 footpedals...and it's COOL... I mean REALLY Cool... I set one on Fill UP and the other on OTS+ .... and this allows me to change the 4 mains and do fills with my foot...and the ots...changes the 4 voicings! WOW! I was cooking last night!
Throwing in Fills and changing Voices all the time... WOW ...

What's your favorite settings and tips!

[This message has been edited by rgtaa (edited 08-30-2002).]

#218644 - 08/30/02 08:38 AM Re: psr9000 foot switching ... what's your favorite setting ...and helpful hints.
Dnj Offline

Left pedal Sustain.....

Right pedal Vocal harmony.....

for everyting else the Hand is Quicker then the Foot!!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-30-2002).]

#218645 - 08/30/02 09:15 AM Re: psr9000 foot switching ... what's your favorite setting ...and helpful hints.
rgtaa Offline

i was doing it that way ...but the FREEDOM I get from my NEW footswitch settings is AMAZING... I can space out like the good OLD ROCK and ROLL days!

and with the 3 notes together on left hand it stops the accomplament and just allows DRUMS and footswitch drum fills... cool... my hands never have to leave the keys... and then I can hit a different sytle and all new variations and ots... at same tempo. I'm having a GREAT time!

#218646 - 08/30/02 09:44 AM Re: psr9000 foot switching ... what's your favorite setting ...and helpful hints.
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I use 2 Registration Banks set-up with my favourite voice settings, to each of these I set Left Pedal Fill Break. Right Pedal Reg+. I then Switch on the Freeze which enables me to select a different style at a time but still move through my favourite voice settings.

Graham UK

#218647 - 08/30/02 10:20 AM Re: psr9000 foot switching ... what's your favorite setting ...and helpful hints.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I setup my keyboard similar to Donny Pesce: one pedal for Vocalizer harmony & the other to activate sustain. The only difference setup difference between me & Donny (because my background is as a piano player), is that I assign the 'right' pedal to sustain, and 'left' pedal for vocal harmony.

I also own a Yamaha MFC10 multiple pedal foot controler unit programed to trigger all the arranger functions (intro, endings, 4 fills, start/stop, etc) but found its heavy & bulky size too much hassle to drag around to gigs. Though the MFC10 has advantages, I now keep the MFC10 at home and learned the tricks of making the left hand perform 'double duty': playing the kb (full 3 & 4 note chords) & button pushing concurrently.

#218648 - 08/30/02 01:10 PM Re: psr9000 foot switching ... what's your favorite setting ...and helpful hints.
rgtaa Offline

I now have set it up so i freeze all the settings in Registrations except Controller,Mic and Voices!
Then I have the first 8 registrations set so they each control 2 functions on the footcontrollers!
register 1 : Tap tempo and Intro 1
register 2 : OTS+ and Fill UP
register 3 : drum break and drum //
register 4 : vocal harmonizer and sustain.

so when I am in a registration i like ... i hit the Freeze button and the Registration keys then can control footswitchs ... and I can push different setting depending on where I am in the song!
Very Cool!
It's hard to imagine the FREEDOM i'm talking about until you TRY IT!

[This message has been edited by rgtaa (edited 08-30-2002).]

#218649 - 08/30/02 01:50 PM Re: psr9000 foot switching ... what's your favorite setting ...and helpful hints.
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Here are my settings:

1. left footswitch Fill to self
2. right footswitch glide

the glide function is really cool, it helps playing some of the instruments in a more real way, like Guitars, Sax, or Trumpet, by gliding into the note, like a real Sax or Guitar player would do.
When I'm improvising a solo, I'm often to busy with my left hand playing cords, so I can't use the modulation wheel. The glide function is a good compromise when used well.

I turn the VH on and off by hand.

Eric

#218650 - 08/30/02 02:14 PM Re: psr9000 foot switching ... what's your favorite setting ...and helpful hints.
rgtaa Offline

eric
I didn't know that... I just checked Glide out! cool... i had to set the R1 to glide to make it work...
I tryed it on LEAD GUITAR ...WOW!
so i have your suggestion in Registration 5 Glide on R1 and break to self
Thanks

#218651 - 08/30/02 05:46 PM Re: psr9000 foot switching ... what's your favorite setting ...and helpful hints.
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Glad you like it

Keep on rock'n

Eric

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online