SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#103479 - 07/27/02 07:27 AM Yamaha Software Arranger?
Clif Anderson Offline

From Yamaha re Summer NAMM

"Digital Musical Instruments will unveil the S90, an 88-note weighted action synthesizer. The S90 features the same great sounds of the flagship Motif with 64 notes of polyphony, a new three-layer S700 grand piano sample, balanced hammer action, and bundled Audio/MIDI sequencer software with Auto Arranging feature."

I wonder if the software will be PSR compatible?

#103480 - 07/27/02 08:30 AM Re: Yamaha Software Arranger?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Clif,
From what I understand "Yamaha" is working with "CakeWalk" software to devlope a program to replace "XG-Works" So my guess is that if you have a "PC" your in luck, there has been no word if it will work with "Mac`s"
I hope this Info helps, best of luck!!
jedi

#103481 - 07/27/02 08:54 AM Re: Yamaha Software Arranger?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I can't do it in real time, but I can build songs or pieces based on Yamaha styles using XG works' style and chord builders in the program. I wish I could import that feature into Sonar, because I find that I like editing in Sonar better, especially since I no longer own an XG board. I could add the XG board to the Motif, but I'm not certain I prefer those sounds over what's already in the Motif anyway.

I'm still waiting ( maybe in vain ) for that Software Karma thing Clif. Every time I go to the music store I get to playing with the Karma. Karma has a definite "coolness" factor going on but I'm not sure I wanna shell out another 15 or 1600 bucks on a board that has basically the same sounds as my PA80 just yet. I have a Roland module on the wish list that comes first...

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 07-27-2002).]

#103482 - 07/27/02 08:31 PM Re: Yamaha Software Arranger?
Clif Anderson Offline

Yes, Jedi, that helps me put the Yamaha anouncement in context. Yamaha and Cakewalk cooperating is good news.

Bluezplayer. One the Roland sound module front, Roland is introducing some SRX cards that hold four JV cards apiece. I think this spells the end of the XV5080 and XV3080 and opens the door for a new high end with SRX slots only.

On the Karma front. I do not expect to see Karma software that works without a Karma keyboard this year. On the other hand, I am beginning to believe that an arranger could emulate a Karma in many respects. A lot of what makes the Karma unique is the music phrasing that also could be done with an arranger. Much of the difference between an arranger and an arranger has to do with the assumed tastes of the target customer base.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online