SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#181405 - 07/03/02 09:27 PM question on recording different tonalities (maj.min.7th)
Mike H Offline

Loc: Homer AK
Can anyone help me understand this? - When I record a style section in maj. and one in maj7 - they both trigger when a maj chord is played. When I record a min. and a min.7th - they sometimes both respond to a minor chord and sometimes not. The SD1 manual really doesn't address this - and maybe the problem is simpler than I know.

Mike

#181406 - 07/04/02 06:32 AM Re: question on recording different tonalities (maj.min.7th)
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
I do not know about SD1, But usually, the rule goes like this:

If you record maj only, that will be used for everything. If you record maj, min, the maj will play for maj7 and majmaj7, the minor will play for min7. If you record maj and maj7: maj will play all maj chords except maj7.

#181407 - 07/04/02 07:37 PM Re: question on recording different tonalities (maj.min.7th)
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello Mike, are you using a converted style or pattern????.......the SD1 does that to some styles, but also the PSR 9000 does too, I have a friend that has one (PSR9000)and also have the same experience WITH the converted style/pattern.......I had the SD1 for almost a year and never did that, what I think happen is that probably you did not complete all the steps to make the style,or do you use a software program to convert style (Worksuni by EMC), or a 3th. party (USB) styles??

------------------
mdorantes

#181408 - 07/05/02 01:05 AM Re: question on recording different tonalities (maj.min.7th)
Mike H Offline

Loc: Homer AK
Mdorandtes

No conversions going on - I am just learning how to program from scratch. I was thinking that a pattern programmed with a minor chord would only respond to minor and a pattern w/ min7th would only respond to min7 - but I am having trouble with all of that. I would like to learn to download some rhythm patterns and record via midi to the SD1

Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online