SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#95320 - 06/29/02 01:34 PM Movie Clip (Windows Media format) ! : Andrea (Dreamer) & Scott
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I've just concluded a wonderfully memorable time with Andrea Rotolo (Dreamer) over the last 3 weeks of his vist here in California, from Rome, Italy. This included showing him some of the local sites of the Berkeley-San Francisco Area (which included an Italian-American Street Fair in SF which included music by Steve Lucky & the Rhumba Bums: http://www.luckylounge.com/swingin.html
, showing him our local Guitar Center Store ), sampling a wide assortment of California foods (chinese diem sum, fresh californian salmon, japanese sushi, indian mango lassi to brazilian & south american faire), hanging out & partying with friends, discussing culture & music, and most FUN of all, playing lots of music together (jamming). Andrea, being an avid bicycle enthusiast even helped me shop for a new bike (hybrid road/mountain type).

I just posted (on my website) a short 40 second Movie Clip (Windows Media Player format) of Andrea & me informally playing together the Cole Porter classic: "Night and Day". It was recorded with my digital 'still camera' (Canon G2), not a video camera, so is quite limited in both video & audio quality, But I hope it still will give you a sense of what is was like jamming together.

To view the video, go to my website:
http://scottyee.com

and then clik on the link to the "Song Demos" page.

It's also been great finally meeting in person, Synthzone members: Bebop, Clif, Tom, & Andrea, and I hope I have the opportunity to eventually meet other forum members (in person) as well. I realize how difficult it's going to be to plan my next vacation now, because it's going to be hard to decide which Country/State to visit, because I really want to meet so many of you.

Scott

#95321 - 06/29/02 01:46 PM Re: Movie Clip (Windows Media format) ! : Andrea (Dreamer) & Scott
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hi Scott,
glad to see that it really happened. The way I feel now, the last 3 weeks could have been just a fruit of my imagination.
I think that you should give credit to Alexander too: his whistling is very expressive indeed.
Going to sleep now.
Andrea

#95322 - 06/29/02 02:02 PM Re: Movie Clip (Windows Media format) ! : Andrea (Dreamer) & Scott
Dnj Offline

Scott,

Very Very nice! The video is very Kool to see you both jammin along together. Its like being there for sure. Thanx for sharing.

Donny nj

Ps.. by the way the Rhumba Bums Rock!!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-29-2002).]

#95323 - 06/29/02 02:10 PM Re: Movie Clip (Windows Media format) ! : Andrea (Dreamer) & Scott
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrea (Dreamer):
I think that you should give credit to Alexander too: his whistling is very expressive indeed.

Here's a shot of Andrea w/ Alexander: http://www.pbase.com/image/2788972

#95324 - 06/29/02 02:32 PM Re: Movie Clip (Windows Media format) ! : Andrea (Dreamer) & Scott
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hmmmm - Heard the music but the picture wouldn't show. Weird stuff.

#95325 - 06/29/02 03:08 PM Re: Movie Clip (Windows Media format) ! : Andrea (Dreamer) & Scott
Scottyee Offline

Weird stuff ?!
Are you trying to tell me that the audio sounded really 'weird' or just saying that you think it's weird not to be able to view the video portion of the clip? Donny & others were able to both 'see & hear' the video & audio, so I suspect the problem may be on 'your' end. You may want to check your Windows Media Player version & possibly upgrade to a more current version: http://www.windowsmedia.com/download/

Anyone else here (with Windows Media Player) having trouble viewing my video clip?

Scott

#95326 - 06/29/02 03:48 PM Re: Movie Clip (Windows Media format) ! : Andrea (Dreamer) & Scott
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
No problems here scot!, plays on the second link from were i am ("Video Clip: Windows Media Player: 56k Modem, 30kbs 'Streaming' Video"), but not the first one. It is very good. Maybe UD's way is the only way, so everything else is kinda weird hey UD

Anyway, just like to say the other tunes i tried were good as well (all on the KN5000??? - sound better than my "EX" KN6000

Anymore where that came from Scot

J5.

[This message has been edited by Jupitar5 (edited 06-29-2002).]

#95327 - 06/29/02 08:12 PM Re: Movie Clip (Windows Media format) ! : Andrea (Dreamer) & Scott
Uncle Dave Offline

Relax ..... of course I meant "weird" computer stuff. Sheeesh.

#95328 - 06/29/02 08:16 PM Re: Movie Clip (Windows Media format) ! : Andrea (Dreamer) & Scott
Uncle Dave Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jupitar5:
plays on the second link, but not the first one.

Ok - now it played. The weird thing is that I HAVE a cable modem. Cyber Gremlins??????

#95329 - 06/29/02 08:21 PM Re: Movie Clip (Windows Media format) ! : Andrea (Dreamer) & Scott
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
I have cable too and can't get any picture????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online