SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#177159 - 06/22/02 04:24 PM A question about styles
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
A have seen a lot of posts about new styles for arrangers that got me to a question:
What is the best way?
To perform a song with a cloned arrangement,with the same characteristics of the author's performance, or , to perform the song with our taste in the styles and voices.
I opt for the second way.So, I need only +-
30 styles to perform all my songs.
For ex. :when I play a slow bossa song I choose always the same registration that is my trade mark to play slow bossa.
I don't think if my regist. is the best of.
Only I know that it is the Chico's slow bossa arrangement.
Then, I don't need a lot of styles.
After a carefull choice, the original and flash styles on 9000Pro are sufficient.
Can you understand me?
Chico

#177160 - 06/22/02 04:28 PM Re: A question about styles
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That's the way I've always done it too, Chico. But, lately I've been using more styles as people have become more accustomed to hearing songs done closer to the way they were recorded.
DonM

#177161 - 06/22/02 04:40 PM Re: A question about styles
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hi Don.
I Know...
It is a hard battle but I think that our way is fight for personnal arrangements and to avoid the "nosense" comment,when you press the button with NY NY intro:
OHHH!
This kb do not need of the performer....
Chico

#177162 - 06/22/02 07:56 PM Re: A question about styles
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yeah - I hear ya buddy. That's why so many of us are using more sequences on the job. I prefer to play as much "live" as possible, but the times - they are a changing, and we must too. Most of my friends that play are scrounging for work, and I am begging for some time off, so I must be doing something right. My family goes on vacation from July13th to the 20th, and so far - I have to work 6 out of the 8 days. That just stinks.
(but - I can't say no the prices I charge these people ... I'll rest some other time !)

#177163 - 06/23/02 11:16 AM Re: A question about styles
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good to see you back on the board Chico.

In the course of a 4 hour job I may run into a crowd that leans to ballroom..or another that is oriented to rock or country. In order to avoid repeating a particular style too much, I have added or altered some and saved in the limited user style memory. When you get right down to it, its the intros and endings that can become boring from overuse. So, I most often do my own intros and endings using the "A" or "hit and end" option.
Eddie

[This message has been edited by Bsharp (edited 06-23-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online