SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#208584 - 06/06/02 08:41 AM problems playing with the psr9000 pro
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Still problems playing with the psr9000 pro.
I want to play for instance Strangers in the night....I have the style for this song and I have copied this song to my hard disk.
So I load the style....but then what do I do next.
I want to play with the four variations...and I want the right hand voice change when the variation changes...how can I save this to the hard disk that the next time I want to play this song everything is ready to play....no time wasting.

I am new to the yamaha keyboards...I also have a technics kn6500 ....

Please give me advice how I can solve this problem...because for me this is a problem...I want to load the style and get started....

Thanks a lot,
Alain

#208585 - 06/06/02 09:37 AM Re: problems playing with the psr9000 pro
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
HI: Alain
I think what you have to do is save your settings to registration memory.
If you want the right hand voice to change at the same time you
change variation's of the style then you will have to setup / program
4 reg. memory buttons.
Then when you get to part you want to change variation & voice
just push the next registration button.

I am not sure but I think the registration memory will call up a
style & load it from the hard drive.(I have not tried this.)
Enjoying the 9000 PRO
Denny

#208586 - 06/06/02 09:46 AM Re: problems playing with the psr9000 pro
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Denny...Yes the Registrations can call up the Styles from HD or even Floppy. I do not have a HD on my 9000Pro but I do use the Floopy method.

Graham UK

#208587 - 06/06/02 09:59 AM Re: problems playing with the psr9000 pro
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Alain. Call up the Style you require from your 9000Pro Hard Drive. Set up the Left. Right1. Right2 & Right3 voices as would want them. Now Hold & Press RED MEMORY Button and Press Registration number 1. Your set up with the correct Style will be now saved into Registration number 1. You can give it a name suitable for the song you will be using it with. Suggest you save into Registrations 1. 2. 3. & 4. each with a different right hand voice.

Graham UK

#208588 - 06/07/02 02:07 AM Re: problems playing with the psr9000 pro
JonPro Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Hi Alain,
I can relate to you with your problems - I was in that boat 12 months ago. What distarry and Graham have said is a good way to go. My two cents worth to add is this...

From your writing I gather that you have an internal hard drive.

I work almost exclusively from a music database (MDB). These MDBs I have set up according to what I am trying to do within them. For instance if its Praise and Worship songs then they have their own MDB.

I use the MDB as the primary reference for a song which then can have any number of variations attached to it as sub entries in the MDB. When the performance is called for I can either work directly from the MDB or I pre-setup a "program" by copying MDB entries to the registration banks. You will find that when you copy a song from the MDB to a registration, the registration assumes the name of the song (nice touch). So then, now I have a program of songs within my registrations. I found that the MDB only carries a subset of information that can be saved in a registration setting (the complete table is in the back of the manual). Having worked with this, I now think that this subset arrangement is a good idea . It allows you to then set up your "operation", for example the foot controllers the way you want them to operate for that song or songs. For instance I might set up a song to work in 4 or more consecutive registrations and then configure one of my foot controllers to go up and down the registrations when I depress it. This allows me to (easily and on the fly) vary everything (particularly style type, mood and tempo) for the song during a performance.

After a performance I can either keep the registrations or scap them and return to the MDB as my reference point. I have set myself a rule that the MDB entry for a song is always the master reference.

I hope all of this does not sound tooooo intimidating. I have found that once I came to grips with "how" the MDB and the registration settings might and can work together, then this method works well for me, until I develop it into something better.

I find that the 9000PRO has tremendous facility for "setting up the performance", you have only to relax and take the time to work out a scheme that works for you.

I hope this is of some use to you

Jon

[This message has been edited by JonPro (edited 06-07-2002).]

#208589 - 06/07/02 04:27 AM Re: problems playing with the psr9000 pro
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Thanks all for your replies.

One more question.
I suppose the best way is to use the Music data base.
In my case I have a lot off styles made for the psr9000/9000pro some with Ots others without.

Some off you say to call up the style from the harddisk and set up the voices....and save into registrations 1,2,3,4...
This I understand but ...do I have to keep track off wich songs are on wich registration number.
I mean do I have to know the numbers off the registration banks.....
Maybe this sounds stupid...but it is new to me. I am used to my technics kn6500.
If I load a style from the harddisk and I change the voices , I save the settings in the registration memory and then I save the style to my harddisk...is everything alright to load the next time ?

Thanks for all your help,
Alain

#208590 - 06/08/02 07:02 AM Re: problems playing with the psr9000 pro
rgtaa Offline

Alain
To see Registration Banks hit the PLUS and MINUS registration keys at same time ... this will call up 10 banks on a page. (you see on the LCD screen Ballads,Rock,Latin,ect!)

Then you can hit another key that will open any bank and you can see the names of 8 songs to the bank (example: hit the Rock Button and it opens 8 song names , 1.i love him madly, 2.killing him softly, 3.die in your own blood,ect).... look on LCD for the right button to push... then once into the bank you can either press the button next to the song title or 1-8 registration button to call up the song.

Attach any pc keyboard into the prs9000 and it makes naming the songs alot easier.

The Plus and Minus Key combo also works for the PADS ... calling up the PAD screen ...

PADS I downloaded would be labeled Ballad SNxp ... meaning pads good for ballads... then the SNxp are shorthand for the name of each of the 4 pad buttons... Strings,nylon guitar,sax, paino ... and these could be chord sensitive guitar riffs, paino chords, sax solos, string stuff,ect ... 64 banks of them! anything from scat singing stuff, to latin stuff, country riffs, acid solos,ect!

[This message has been edited by rgtaa (edited 06-08-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online