SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#152196 - 05/20/02 09:19 AM I need informations on korg's I30 guys and girls..
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
I need all you guy know about it...expandability,sounds,drums...rhytam section...how good is it...??

thanks...

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#152197 - 05/20/02 12:01 PM Re: I need informations on korg's I30 guys and girls..
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
I had i30 for several years. It has a big touch screen although it's rarely used.

Sounds are OK - not awfully great IMO.
Electric pianos are not great.

Rhythm/styles: Good drums. I rarely used the accompaniment because I play manual bass and just use the drum rhythms.

Plus: It has sliders to adjust volume of individual parts. Looks very professional.

Drawback: HEAVY !! This thing is built like a tank with metal case. The fill-in buttton got misaligned recently.

Recomendations: All I can say is that lots of people like it. But I personally just give it a 7 from scale of 1 to 10.

#152198 - 05/20/02 12:05 PM Re: I need informations on korg's I30 guys and girls..
Dev Offline

I don't know much about other boards specially the PA 80/60 but as an I-30 owner, I'm listing the following and the other guys can chip in with the rest.

The volume sliders on the i-30 r a great help in live situation where u can push up the drum or percussion track a bit to compensate for the acoustics/ sound system.

Not sure if the PA has the harmoniser for the main keyboard sound. Its there on the i-30 and is handy.

The touch screen is very comfortable to work with.

The backing sequence is great as well with copy measure and 5 extra tracks to sequence on.

One can jump from one arrangement to the other without stopping, in real time one can have the same style except one with different fill ins on two arrangements and then just hit the next arrangement button and u r into the next style without a jerk or anything.

I'm sure the other boards too have lots of good features and I'm looking forward to the mails from u guys.

Thanks and best wishes.
dev.

#152199 - 05/20/02 02:21 PM Re: I need informations on korg's I30 guys and girls..
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Thanks guys for your replys///

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#152200 - 05/23/02 08:09 AM Re: I need informations on korg's I30 guys and girls..
Big Red Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi Mirza,

To know all you need to know about the i30 go to the definitive i30 forum at:
http://disc.server.com/Indices/24426.html

I've had an i30 for a couple of years now and I'm completely happy with it at home
and on gigs.

It weighs a bit, yes but as the other guy said, "it's built like a tank" and can take life on the road - unlike that flimsy PSR2000 deal from Yamaha.

If you do get an i30, go for one with the built-in hard drive, saves a lot of faffing around with floppies. Have fun!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online