SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#189303 - 04/28/02 02:13 PM The Beatles meet Santana and.....?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I have just recorded another Beatles song: "A hard day's night"; the song is really very simple and so I have thought to work a little on the arrangement; I hope that you will like it. I would like to dedicate this song to Bill E from Nashville; I remember that a few months ago he wrote me: "Why don't you record something with more punch?" Well Bill, I hope that this one has enough punch for you.
http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id1.html

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 04-28-2002).]

#189304 - 04/28/02 02:50 PM Re: The Beatles meet Santana and.....?
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi Andrea,
i have just listen to you new beatles-song.
It's great you play that !!!
The only minor is the use of to many reverb.
Use the different outputs of the keyboard and separate the bass and bassdrum to another output (for example to output 3/4).
Normaly the bassdrum and bass must be dry
without reverb(lowersound voices does make bath influence with use of reverb). You must hear some recording on cd and you will see that the basplayer on this records mostly has no reverb or maybe a little bit.
Try if you can this arrangement to change with this info and you will see it's "grandioso". Your performance of this arrangement will sound "great" if you change this little things. The style you take is also 100% great !!!
Regards of a fan !!!!
Notlos. http://www.mp3.com/dirkbaert

------------------

#189305 - 04/28/02 09:07 PM Re: The Beatles meet Santana and.....?
Bill E Offline

Loc: nashville
Thanks Andrea,.it sounds like you are having a lot of fun .
Bill E

#189306 - 04/28/02 09:38 PM Re: The Beatles meet Santana and.....?
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Andrea you are rocking...

Great job

Eric

#189307 - 04/28/02 09:47 PM Re: The Beatles meet Santana and.....?
Dreamer Offline

Dirk,
now that' strange; you write that you are my fan, but I too am an admirer of yours: how can that be?
Thank you for your advice about the reverb, but the problem is that my VA 7 has only 2 outputs (left and right) and usually I record drums and bass on the same track and from what you say I should be able not only to separate the bass from all the other instruments, but even the bass drum from other drums like snare, hi hat, cymbals, etc: I wonder if there is an arranger where one can do that (maybe my forthcoming SD1? ) Or maybe you mean that I should use less reverb in general (on all the instruments?)
Anyway, that't exactly the kind of advice I am looking for to improve my recordings: thank you from a big fan of yours!
Andrea

#189308 - 04/28/02 09:48 PM Re: The Beatles meet Santana and.....?
Dreamer Offline

Eric,
it happens that we are posting at the same time: thanks a lot!
(I am going to work now: it's Monday morning already here!)

#189309 - 04/28/02 11:27 PM Re: The Beatles meet Santana and.....?
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi Andrea,
you right!! i was forgotten the va 7 has indead only two outputs and it is not possible to link other tones or channels to a separate channel. Like you ask in the sd1 is it possible to separate the bassdrums from the original drumkit and set it to another track so you can work without reverb on the bassdrum. If you work only with the effect from the va7 it gives you a better sound..do the test: take a drumkit(ex. standardkit) and play the bassdrum (you wil hear a dry bassdrum) take now from that drumkit a higher note (ex. claves) and you will see here is reverb on !! Roland (and the most other keyboards) has made this setup automaticaly so that it sounds like real in the styles .
Regards,
dirk.

------------------

#189310 - 04/29/02 05:32 AM Re: The Beatles meet Santana and.....?
Dreamer Offline

Dirk, now that's really a cool feature! Next time I will try to record the arranger part with just the internal efx.
(...I wonder if I have to record again all my songs.... )

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online