SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#170933 - 03/16/02 09:40 PM PSR2000 Lyrics
RicRob Offline

Loc: Bethlehem, PA, USA
This PSR2000 continues to amaze me.
Still finding new surprises each day of mastering a different function and many thanks to this forum for much of that success.
Must admit though I got quite disgusted at times trying to figure things out and also thought I had a vocalizer problem. So I brought out the KN for a couple of days to get away from the frustration.
3 days later - I went back to the PSR and decided to do an initialization. To my surprise the vocalizer problem was resolved as I now know how to adjust it.
My latest dilema thanks to the manual is how to assign lyrics to recorded songs. I was able to change the lyrics to the "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star Song but have been unable to go past the first measure in assigning lyrics to a new song.
Has anyone done this and if so could you please give me a step by step instruction?
As always the help I receive from this group is always appreciated and I hope some day I will be able to help someone else.

I have seen a lot of comments recently relating to potential purchases of this unit amd although there are some problem areas, this is one heck of a keyboard and that's coming from one who is a big Technics fan. To each his own - but at this point I really like both the KN5000 and PSR2000.
Thanks
RR

#170934 - 03/17/02 09:06 PM Re: PSR2000 Lyrics
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi RR,
Can't help you with lyrics! I haven't got into that yet! But I have to agree with you, the 2000 is a "heck" of a KB. It's got a few bugs, but over all it's a lot of board for the $$$$ ! This will put you back at the top
of the postings! Surely someone can answer this question for you.
All the best,
Nobby

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 03-17-2002).]

#170935 - 03/18/02 01:31 AM Re: PSR2000 Lyrics
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I cheat and use Cakewalk!

#170936 - 03/18/02 06:31 AM Re: PSR2000 Lyrics
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
It's not cheating. It's SMART to use a better tool. Use whatever gets the job done !

#170937 - 03/18/02 11:49 AM Re: PSR2000 Lyrics
MacAllcock Offline

Having said that, once I've got my hands on a PSR2000 I may find myself computerless with edits to do... so I've had a look at my 'pdf' of the manual. I have to assume the behaviour experienced is a "feature" as the manual shows a multi-bar screenshot and describes editing it, although the general look of the thing suggest my time would be better spent memorizing the words!

Given that the 2000 has this rather posh music display facility, wouldn't it be nice to edit lyrcs in there.....

#170938 - 03/18/02 03:20 PM Re: PSR2000 Lyrics
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by MacAllcock:
.... Given that the 2000 has this rather posh music display facility, wouldn't it be nice to edit lyrcs in there.....

The PSR provides a mechanism to input text, for file or folder names, the music database, and for lyrics. How good this system is will depend on how well you normally type. If you hunt and peck at the keyboard, you can just easily hunt and peck with the system used on the PSR2000. But, if you are a touch typist, it might take you 10 to even 20 times as long to input lyrics used the arranger. Using a keyboard on the computer would be FAR more efficient. I can touch type and I can live with the PSR2000 text input for entering a simple filename. But it would be too awkward for any extended entry of text.

#170939 - 03/21/02 04:20 AM Re: PSR2000 Lyrics
MacAllcock Offline

mmm... I'd forgotten the bit about text data entry!

Some keyboard (like my Ensoniq's) allow you to use the keyboard as an alphanumeric keyboard, which makes life better. I've seen this recently but I can't remember which board!

#170940 - 03/21/02 04:24 AM Re: PSR2000 Lyrics
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
That's one of the big advantages the 9000 offers - a PS2 keyboard input ! Just plug in a standard pc keyboard and type away !

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online