SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#207768 - 02/16/02 06:29 AM 9000pro. Parameter Lock?
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
It doesn't seem to work on my Pro. Has anyone used this feature? According to the manual it is supposed to prevent volume, chorus, reverb from changing when you use Registrations. Can someone give this a try and let me know if I am missing something?
Thanks.

Mario

#207769 - 02/16/02 08:32 AM Re: 9000pro. Parameter Lock?
9000 Robby Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi Mario

Where with parameter LOCK is set this parameter hooks with to call a Registration is ignored!

When starting a Midifile these parameters are already set!

http://home.a-city.de/robert.mueller/pdf-E.html

9000 Robby

www.Robby.4xt.de
www.Robby.de.lv
www.Forumstreff.4xt.de

#207770 - 02/16/02 11:48 AM Re: 9000pro. Parameter Lock?
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
HI: Mario
I checked my PRO,& this is what I come up with.
Parameter Lock has
Reverb Return Level
Chorus Return Level
DSP3 Return Level
Split Point
Master EQ
Mic Setting
Reverb Type
Line Out
Fingering
I don't know what Return Level stands for, I
looked in the book but don't find anything
about Return Level.
All of the Parameter's Lock except the one's
with Return Level. I assume you are saying
that the settings in the Mixing Console
DSP3
Chorus
Reverb
are the one's that are not Locking, correct?
They don't on mine either, but I don't know
if that's what it suppose to do!
What is Return Level? If some one knows please
let us know!!!!!!!
Enjoying the 9000 PRO
Denny

#207771 - 02/16/02 01:05 PM Re: 9000pro. Parameter Lock?
Mario Offline

Thanks Denny and Robby.
Boy, I am thouroughly confused as well. I also tried using the Voice Set, but, no dice!. Every time I change registrations, there go my Global settings! aghrrr! I just don't want to have to set up each registration individually with global settings like Volume, Reverb, chorus ..etc. I don't want to chage them unless I have to.
How are you 9000pro owners out there handling this problem?, or do you have a problem at all?.
Robby, I went to your site and it looks great! too bad I don't speak German. I did find some of your articles in English and they are extemely well written. We have to get you to write in English more so the whole group can benefit of your site and your knowledge on both 9Ks.
May be Uncle Dave, Scottyee or AJ can give us some pointers with this problem. ah guys?
Mario

#207772 - 02/16/02 04:14 PM Re: 9000pro. Parameter Lock?
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Mario I have all my songs & all the parameters set in individual registrations,
because my settings seem to be all different for each song anyway.
So I never use the parameter lock.
Enjoying the 9000 PRO
Denny
PS: Maybe Uncle Dave or Robby or somebody can
tell us what Return Level means on those 3.

#207773 - 02/17/02 10:24 AM Re: 9000pro. Parameter Lock?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Wish I could help, but I'm a player, not a programmer. I never even wrote a single registration into my 9kpro, and now that it's gone ..... I forget how it handles that job. I am not writing anything into my 2k either, because the operating system is not finished yet. I don't want to frustrate myself with "missing data", and then have to do it all again, after they fix it. I will just take the extra time to set it up before each show, and make changes on the fly. The nicest thing about the psr series is how easy it is to make fast, logical changes.
I WANT more, but I can deal with what the limitations are, for the moment.
DanO - if you're listening ........ Have the newest batch of 2000's come in yet, and do they have the ability to save EVERYthing they are supposed to in the registrations?
BTW - My unit definatly DOES NOT remember mic settings. NO way, no how. That's the first thing that I need corrected, if I'm going to keep this much longer.
For now, I'm trying to be patient, and wait to see what Yamaha does in the "fix". I'm using an outboard vocalprocessor until then.

#207774 - 02/18/02 07:58 AM Re: 9000pro. Parameter Lock?
Mario Offline

WoW! UncleDave...No registrations?
I could never survive a live peformance without them. So many things to change and remember, I could never have the time to set them between songs.(My dance floor would clear out no time fast) For me, registrations are one of the most(if not the most) important feature of a professional keyboard. But thanks for the feedback anyway.
Mario
ps. looking forward to that lunch.

#207775 - 02/18/02 07:36 PM Re: 9000pro. Parameter Lock?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
All I need to do is change the drummer. I think in terms of tempos and styles rather than songs or artists.
Registrations would make me think on specific songs, and that would limit my "mental search engine". I stay in better tune with the audience when I am NOT thinking of what song, what style whatever ...... I just think of what type of beat needs to be next, and then decide what I want to sing. Sometimes, I'll even start a rhythm playing, just to "jump start" my brain. I never use set lists, and I've never set up a keyboard with more than just a few basic set-ups. I'm better on the fly, but I would LOVE to be able to register some small changes. I hope they fix this soon. I can definatly benefit from a "little" set-up advantage.
My shows are all about energy. I can't be thinking about the keyboard, or the buttons, or anything else. I look at the crowd and they tell me with their eyes and their actions what to do next. The piano player and bass player(ME) are always ready (and in SYNC!) so- I just need to "cue" the drummer.
It's a simple approach that works well for me.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online