SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#178210 - 01/27/02 06:53 PM PSR9000 Questions
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I recently spent a couple of hours trying the PA-80 and the 9000. I don't have too many comments about the Korg except that it isn't for me.

I have a couple of questions regarding the 9000.

1. I want syncro start on every style selection. I had to constantly turn it on every time. Can this be altered?

2. My x1 always starts on style varation 1 after an intro. On the 9000 if varation 3 was selected, varation 3 played after the intro. Can this be altered?

3. For where I play with my right hand most of the trumpets, trombones and saxes were an octave too high. I set them an octave lower but if I used a one touch setting this octave change seemed to go away. Can this be altered?

4. The psr2000 seemed to have better sounding styles. Was this my imagination?

Thanks

Tom

#178211 - 01/27/02 06:58 PM Re: PSR9000 Questions
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I agree with you Tom . I do not like the fact that the 9000 will always start at the last variation of the previos style ! General Music keyboards were like this as well.
I would also like to have a keypad !
I would like to see the PSR740 with the 2000 screen !
I miss the quick access to the grooves + dynamics feature . I also like the multipad effects on the older PSR's ! Just my opinion my friends . No arguments please .
PSR2000 over 9000 any day !

#178212 - 01/27/02 07:39 PM Re: PSR9000 Questions
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
PSR2000 does have many better-sounding styles, but they can of course be loaded into the 9000.
DonM

#178213 - 01/27/02 10:57 PM Re: PSR9000 Questions
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Tom,
I'm not sure about the PSR9000, but on the PSR2000, you can setup 'syncro start' to automatically work every time you load a style. The 'syncro start' status is actually determined by the 'OTS Link' button's on/off status when you power down the keyboard. When the 'OTS Link" button is 'ON' when the keyboard is powered down, 'syncro start' will be engaged the next time you reboot the KB again. It will continue to work for every style selection. In addition to engaging the 'Syncro start' button, the'OTS link' button also engages the 'ACMP' button. If the 'OTS link" button is set in the off position, right before the keyboard is powered down, the next time you reboot the KB, sycro start will not stay on, but have to be re-engaged manually every time you select a new style.

As before, I can't speak for the 9000, but on the 2000, the intro will lead into whatever variation you initially selected (1,2,3, or 4). The default variation (when the keyboard is turned on) is variation 1.

As before, not sure how the PSR9000 works, but on the PSR2000, one touch settings (OTS) can be quickly/easily changed to adjust the instrument's octave to your liking. The changes can then be easily SAVED. On the PSR2000, the OTS settings are saved along with the style. The PSR9000's OTS settings are not saved as part of the style, but stored in a separate file location.

The PSR2000's 'style sequencer' has a MUCH HIGHER timing resolution accuracy (1,920 ppq) than the PSR9000's. This may be a contributing factor to why you might think the PSR2000's styles sound better.

Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online