SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#149225 - 12/04/01 02:45 PM A little help from my friends
Artaher Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi
I'm new on this forum. Having used a Roland kb for 6 years, now I must to buy a new kb.
I'm not a professional music, and do not move kb from my home, not giggin, no sing. My preference is for a kb with beautiful sounds (specially, piano sound), rich and musical styles; I don't like synth sounds. No problem with loudspeakers quality, because I use an external amplifier.
I would like a 1.000-1700 $ kb. In that range, I have seen on the net Yamaha 2000 and 1000, Roland EM-55, VA-3 and VA-5. No Technics, no Korg at that range of prices.
What of them do you think would be a better buy for me?
Thanks
Artaher

#149226 - 12/04/01 02:59 PM Re: A little help from my friends
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi Artaher.
This is a topic who always seems to be repeated
regulary.
I think the best peron to answer, probably will
be yourself.
Visit your dealer, try out what there is to find,
and maybe you can try something out at home too?
You are familiar to Roland, so would that be a
good choise?
Just listen to your ears and heart, then you most
likely are going to be happy with the one you choose
to buy.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#149227 - 12/04/01 03:06 PM Re: A little help from my friends
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Since you have played a Roland keyboard for years, you will probably be accustomed to the Roland sound; for this reason I advice you to try the Roland VA 5 and compare it with the Yamaha PSR 2000. The rest, like Gunnar wrote, is up to you.

#149228 - 12/04/01 03:50 PM Re: A little help from my friends
mc Offline

Loc: New York
What you may also want to try and I think that there still around is the solton ms60.
It's an older keyboard. It still sells in the US. It goes for about 1,500-1,700. US dollars. For an older keyboard I would take that over any Yamaha (just my opinion)and if the roland va-5 comes with a zip disk drive that would also be a good buy.

#149229 - 12/04/01 04:12 PM Re: A little help from my friends
Artaher Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Thanks to all you, friends.
I see your opinion will be VA-5 or PSR2000. So, in what one or the other are better?

But MC, you say you would take an old Solton kb over "any Yamaha".. But, why? What's the matter with Yamaha kbs? MC, you may email me, if you want (I will thank you).

VA-5 I have seen is whitout zip-drive, only VA7. But VA-5 is now cheaper, no much more money than PSR2000. And VA-5 looks more kb, but...

Artaher

#149230 - 12/04/01 06:26 PM Re: A little help from my friends
ComposerRyan Offline

Hi Artaher-welcome to the forum! Like you, I am also looking into buying a keyboard in the future. Obviously, there are LOTS of keyboards to choose from. I've read many posts out here about numerous keyboards, from the Yamaha PSR2000 to the General Music WK8.

Like everybody else said, judge the keyboard with your own heart. I've had people tell me that the best judge is you, and they are right. The best keyboard would be the one that meets your needs. Of course, every musician needs high quality sound, but you've got to look at its overall features. For me, the best keyboard would be the most well-balanced one.

With this in mind, the Winter NAMM 2002 conference is coming up. NAMM is where all the keyboard manufacturers come together and reveal their latest product. In January of 2002, many top manufacturers will be revealing their latest products. For instance, General Music will be revealing their GENESYS keyboard while Yamaha will be revealing their PSR10000! I'm not sure if it is true, but from what I've heard, the GENESYS will possible include a CD Burner and other awesome features!

If you can save up some more money, I would wait and see what keyboards will be revealed at the Winter NAMM in January 2002. For now, I suggest that you hold on to your money and be patient until Winter NAMM 2002 passes over, and then see if any of the new keyboards interest you. Also, if you feel that one of the new keyboards at Winter NAMM 2002 is the one for you, you might actually decide to save up more money for that important purchase. Remember, buying a new keyboard is a BIG decision, obviously, and I wish you luck!

Well, hopefully I helped you out some and good luck with finding a keyboard!
Ryan

[This message has been edited by ComposerRyan (edited 12-04-2001).]

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online