SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#391073 - 07/22/14 09:56 PM some recent Mark thoughts
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
It’s interesting how if you want to get to know what someone is really like deep down inside, then bring up the subject of religion!

I’ve been in this group a number of years now and I thought I pretty much knew what everyone was about. Well, that changed real fast reading the replies here and reading Chas’s thread in the Bar. I can’t believe my eyes what I’m reading from people I previously respected. And, the reverse, I gained a lot of respect for those who I knew very little about.

Why on Earth is everyone so dogmatic with their views on Religion (or with their views in general)? Why is everyone so quick to take up arms? To defend? To argue? To debate? To belittle? To confront? To challenge?

Can someone answer this for me 'cause I certainly don't understand any of it?

I’ve never seen a “music” subject being brought up that attracted so much attention so quickly. And I’ve never seen a music subject spiral and spawn and inflame so rapidly and end up so far South you’d have to resurrect Lewis and Clark, equip them with a GPS and send them to Antarctica to bring it back.

I’m starting to wonder are some of the members musicians who need to “get stuff out” every so often or are they professional antagonists who happen to play music.

I can see how lucky I’ve been.....playing for almost 50 years now and doing nothing but playing music full time as a profession.....easily 6-7 days a week, oftentimes doubles, sometimes triples.....basically living my life “on stage.“ The only Saturday night I ever had off was when I took a vacation. Never took the time to argue with anyone or get into negative discussions or get deep into anything but playing music and entertaining.

I used to wonder often what it would be like not being on stage and just interacting with everyday people.....every day.....which is what I’m doing now that I’m burned out. Now I wonder how to get back “on stage” and away from toxic people and back to filling my thoughts again with wonderful (therapeutic) music!

(the last paragraph had nothing to do with SynthZone members and everything to do with people I encounter in everyday life)

I’m starting to see I, and others like me, carry the “musician’s curse!” Born with the sensitivity and emotional makeup you need to be a good musician but too much sensitivity to interact with those who have none!

Just felt like getting all that out. Cheaper than a psychiatrist’s couch!

Mark

#391081 - 07/22/14 10:56 PM Re: some recent Mark thoughts [Re: Mark79100]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I posted here by mistake. It was supposed to go to the "arranger" group.

Mark

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online